Table of Contents
Seth Brown has 97 hits this season, and will try to notch his 100th when his Oakland Athletics (50-89) play the Chicago White Sox (71-68) on Saturday at 4:07 PM ET. The Athletics are the underdog (+158) in this contest against the White Sox (-189). Chicago’s Lance Lynn and Oakland’s Adrian Martinez will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox are 23rd in MLB action with 126 home runs. They average 0.9 per game.
- The White Sox’s .261 batting average leads the majors.
- The White Sox rank 12th in the league with a .317 on-base percentage.
- The White Sox strike out 7.7 times per game, the seventh-fewest average in baseball.
- The White Sox average 0.9 home runs per game when playing away from home this season (60 total in road contests).
- The White Sox are slugging .395 with 2.8 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- On the road this season the club averages 9.5 hits per game and is batting .266.
White Sox Key Batters
- Jose Abreu leads Chicago in OBP (.380), slugging percentage (.449) and total hits (162) this season.
- Abreu is sixth in batting average, ninth in on-base percentage, and 45th in slugging among qualifying hitters in baseball.
- Andrew Vaughn is batting .283 with 26 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 26 walks.
- Vaughn is 28th in batting average, 63rd in on-base percentage and 47th in slugging in MLB.
- Vaughn enters this matchup looking to extend his three-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is batting .158 with a double, a walk and three RBI.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .249 with a .397 slugging percentage and 47 RBI this year.
- Andrus has logged a hit or more in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .318 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Luis Robert has 12 home runs, 56 RBI and a batting average of .295 this season.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics have hit just 117 homers this season, which ranks 28th in the league.
- The Athletics rank last in MLB with a team batting average of just .216.
- The Athletics are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking last with an OBP of .280.
- The Athletics rank 17th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.5 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 44 homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in 70 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .315 in home games this season with 158 extra-base hits.
- In 70 home games this season, they have a batting average of .203 while averaging 6.4 base hits per contest.
Athletics Key Batters
- Sean Murphy has a team-high OBP (.332) and slugging percentage (.442), while pacing the Athletics in hits (116).
- Including all qualified hitters in the majors, Murphy’s batting average puts him 74th, his on-base percentage ranks 64th, and he is 54th in slugging.
- Brown is batting .228 with 23 doubles, two triples, 21 home runs and 36 walks.
- Brown’s batting average is 123rd among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 123rd, and he is 57th in slugging.
- Tony Kemp is batting .231 with 22 doubles, four home runs and 40 walks.
- Ramon Laureano is batting .216 with 17 doubles, 12 home runs and 25 walks.
White Sox vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers