Table of Contents
Yordan Alvarez and Shohei Ohtani face off in a battle between top-10 sluggers when the Houston Astros (89-49) and the Los Angeles Angels (60-78) play at 7:15 PM ET on Saturday. Alvarez has 31 home runs (10th in MLB) for the favored Astros (-139), and Ohtani ranks fifth in MLB play with 33 home runs this season for the underdog Angels (+117). Jose Urquidy gets the starting nod for Houston, and Ohtani is Los Angeles’ pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Angels
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 7:15 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros rank fifth-best in MLB play with 178 total home runs.
- The Astros have the 13th-ranked batting average in the majors (.244).
- The Astros are 10th in the league with a .318 on-base percentage.
- The Astros strike out 7.4 times per game, the second-fewest average in the league.
- The Astros have hit 89 homers at home this season (1.3 per game).
- The Astros are averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game while slugging .430 in home contests.
- At home this season the team averages 8.0 hits per game and is batting .249.
Astros Key Batters
- Alex Bregman has 34 doubles, 20 home runs and 78 walks while batting .266.
- Among qualifying hitters, Bregman is 51st in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 12th, and he is 33rd in slugging.
- Alvarez leads Houston with 115 hits and an OBP of .394 this season.
- Alvarez ranks 19th in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage and third in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Jose Altuve has an OPS of .891, fueled by an OBP of .374 and a team-best slugging percentage of .517 this season.
- Kyle Tucker has been key for Houston with 119 hits, an OBP of .334 plus a slugging percentage of .472.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels’ 163 home runs rank 10th in Major League Baseball.
- The Angels have a team batting average of just .228 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- The Angels have an on-base percentage of .294 this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- The Angels rank last in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.7 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 71 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 67 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .358 in away games this season with 165 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.3 base hits per game and batting .217 on the road this season.
Angels Key Batters
- Ohtani has accumulated a team-best OBP (.356) and slugging percentage (.535), while pacing the Angels in hits (132).
- Including all qualifying hitters in the majors, Ohtani’s batting average places him 48th, his on-base percentage ranks 25th, and he is seventh in slugging.
- Ohtani brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .227 with two doubles, three home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Mike Trout is batting .277 with 19 doubles, two triples, 33 home runs and 44 walks.
- Taylor Ward has 15 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 53 walks while hitting .261.
- Luis Rengifo is hitting .274 with 20 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 14 walks.
Astros vs. Angels Probable Pitchers