Table of Contents
A pair of baseball’s most consistent hitters face off when the Cleveland Guardians (70-65) and the Minnesota Twins (69-67) meet at 8:10 PM ET on Friday at Target Field. Andres Gimenez has a .305 batting average (eighth in MLB) for the favored Guardians (-125), while Luis Arraez ranks fifth in MLB play batting .314 this season for the underdog Twins (+105). Cleveland’s Cal Quantrill and Minnesota’s Dylan Bundy will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Twins
- Game Day: Friday, September 9, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians are second-worst in MLB play with 102 home runs.
- The Guardians’ .250 batting average ranks 11th in the majors.
- The Guardians’ .311 on-base percentage is 19th in the league.
- Guardians batters strike out 6.9 times per game, the lowest average in baseball.
- The Guardians have hit 65 homers away from home this season (0.9 per game).
- The Guardians are averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game while slugging .394 on the road.
- The club averages 8.9 hits per game and is batting .253 away from home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in total hits (139) this season while batting .277 with 69 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, Ramirez’s batting average ranks 32nd, his on-base percentage ranks 34th, and he is 10th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan is hitting .289 with 21 doubles, five triples, three home runs and 51 walks.
- Among qualifiers, Kwan ranks 19th in batting average, 18th in on-base percentage and 117th in slugging percentage.
- Amed Rosario leads Cleveland in slugging percentage (.391) powered by 37 extra-base hits.
- Rosario heads into this game with four games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .182 with .
- Gimenez leads Cleveland with an OBP of .372 this season while batting .305 with 27 walks and 52 runs scored.
- Gimenez heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .368 with a double and two walks.
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins have hit 158 homers this season, which ranks 12th in the league.
- The Twins’ .248 batting average ranks 12th in the league this season.
- The Twins have an OBP of .318 this season, which ranks 10th in MLB.
- The Twins rank 11th with an average of 8.2 strikeouts per game.
- In 69 games at home this season, they’ve hit 80 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- In 69 home games this season, they’re slugging .412 with 201 hits going for extra bases.
- In 69 home games this season, they have a batting average of .251 while averaging 8.3 base hits per contest.
Twins Key Batters
- Arraez has accumulated a .377 on-base percentage and a .423 slugging percentage, both team-best marks for the Twins.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the majors, Arraez ranks fifth in batting average, 10th in on-base percentage and 66th in slugging percentage.
- Arraez heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .217 with a double and a walk.
- Carlos Correa paces his team with 115 hits.
- Including all qualified players, Correa’s batting average puts him 42nd, his on-base percentage ranks 29th, and he is 51st in slugging.
- Gio Urshela has 23 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 30 walks while hitting .262.
- Max Kepler is batting .231 with 18 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 49 walks.
Guardians vs. Twins Probable Pitchers