Table of Contents
The Tampa Bay Rays (77-58) carry a four-game win streak into a home contest against the New York Yankees (83-55) on Saturday at 1:05 PM ET. The Yankees are favored (-114) to stop the underdog Rays’ (-105) streak. Jameson Taillon gets the starting nod for New York, and Corey Kluber is Tampa Bay’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Rays
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 1:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees have hit a league-leading 214 home runs, averaging 1.6 per game.
- The Yankees have the 20th-ranked batting average in the league (.237).
- The Yankees’ .322 on-base percentage ranks fifth-best in baseball.
- The Yankees’ 8.5 strikeouts per game rank 16th in baseball.
- The Yankees average 1.7 homers per home game this season (117 total at home).
- The Yankees have a .432 slugging percentage and are averaging three extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 7.6 hits per game and is batting .235.
Yankees Key Batters
- Aaron Judge leads New York in OBP (.408), slugging percentage (.684) and total hits (149) this season.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, Judge ranks 10th in batting average, second in on-base percentage, and first in slugging.
- Judge will look for his third straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is batting .438 with two doubles, two home runs, eight walks and four RBI.
- Gleyber Torres has 22 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 32 walks while hitting .237.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Torres is 109th in batting average, 126th in on-base percentage and 72nd in slugging percentage.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa has collected 112 base hits, an OBP of .317 and a slugging percentage of .336 this season.
- Kiner-Falefa has recorded a hit in seven games in a row. In his last 10 games he is batting .333 with two doubles, two home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Giancarlo Stanton has 24 home runs, 64 RBI and a batting average of .213 this season.
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays have hit 122 homers this season, which ranks 24th in the league.
- The Rays’ .242 batting average ranks 16th in the league this season.
- The Rays have an on-base percentage of .311 this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- The Rays rank 18th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.7 whiffs per contest.
- In 65 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 57 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- They are slugging .378 in 65 road games this season.
- They are averaging 8.5 base hits per game and batting .244 on the road this season.
Rays Key Batters
- Yandy Diaz has racked up a team-best .397 on-base percentage.
- Including all the qualified players in the big leagues, Diaz’s batting average ranks 21st, his on-base percentage ranks fourth, and he is 70th in slugging.
- Randy Arozarena has 133 hits while slugging .461. Both pace his team.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Arozarena’s batting average places him 45th, his on-base percentage ranks 59th, and he is 35th in slugging.
- Harold Ramirez has 20 doubles, five home runs and 17 walks while hitting .323.
- David Peralta is hitting .255 with 28 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 34 walks.
Yankees vs. Rays Probable Pitchers