Table of Contents
The Washington Nationals (49-90) will look for another strong showing from a slugger when they square off against the Philadelphia Phillies (76-62) on Saturday at 6:05 PM ET at Citizens Bank Park. Alex Call is riding a two-game home run streak for the underdog Nationals (+206) going into this contest against the favored Phillies (-252). Ranger Suarez starts for Philadelphia while Washington will counter with Erick Fedde.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 6:05 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies are seventh-best in MLB action with 172 total home runs.
- The Phillies are eighth in the majors with a .254 batting average.
- The Phillies rank 13th in baseball with a .316 on-base percentage.
- The Phillies strike out 8.4 times per game, the No. 14 average in the league.
- The Phillies average 1.3 homers per game when playing at home this season (93 total in home outings).
- The Phillies have a .436 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 8.5 hits per game and is batting .258 at home this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Rhys Hoskins has 27 doubles, two triples, 27 home runs and 65 walks while hitting .252.
- Hoskins is 76th in batting average, 50th in on-base percentage, and 27th in slugging among qualifying batters in baseball.
- Hoskins hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .300 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Kyle Schwarber has 105 hits, which is tops among Philadelphia batters this season. He’s batting .212 with 57 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying batters, Schwarber ranks 134th in batting average, 109th in on-base percentage and 24th in slugging percentage.
- J.T. Realmuto leads Philadelphia in OBP (.342) this season, fueled by 115 hits.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia with a slugging percentage of .408, fueled by 35 extra-base hits.
- Bohm heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .368 with two doubles, a triple and three RBI.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals rank 27th in Major League Baseball with just 118 home runs as a team.
- The Nationals rank 10th in MLB with a .252 team batting average.
- The Nationals have the 14th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.315).
- The Nationals rank third in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.4 whiffs per contest.
- In 70 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 53 homers, an average of 0.8 per contest.
- In 70 road games this season, they’re slugging .382 with 175 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .260 with 8.9 base hits per contest.
Nationals Key Batters
- Cesar Hernandez has a .326 slugging percentage, which paces the Nationals.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Hernandez is 76th in batting average, 95th in on-base percentage and 135th in slugging percentage.
- Hernandez takes a six-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is hitting .324 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, six walks and six RBI.
- Nelson Cruz has 16 doubles, 10 home runs and 49 walks while batting .238.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Cruz ranks 106th in batting average, 90th in on-base percentage and 131st in slugging percentage.
- Lane Thomas has 103 hits, a team-high for the Nationals.
- Luke Voit’s .320 on-base percentage paces his team.
Phillies vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers