Table of Contents
The San Francisco Giants (65-73) visit the Chicago Cubs (58-80) on Saturday at Wrigley Field, starting at 2:20 PM ET. The Giants are favored on the moneyline (-117), while the Cubs are -102 underdogs. The Cubs are the spread favorite () with odds, despite being the moneyline underdog. San Francisco’s Logan Webb and Chicago’s Marcus Stroman will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants are 13th in MLB action with 156 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- The Giants have the 24th-ranked batting average in the majors (.231).
- The Giants are 14th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .315.
- The Giants strike out 8.9 times per game, the fifth-worst mark in baseball.
- The Giants average 1.2 home runs per road game this season (81 total away from home).
- The Giants have a .378 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club averages 7.6 hits per game and is batting .223 on the road this season.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores leads San Francisco in OBP (.320) and total hits (107) this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters in baseball, Flores’ batting average ranks 112th, his on-base percentage ranks 83rd, and he is 81st in slugging.
- Thairo Estrada has hit 12 homers this season while driving in 53 runs. He’s batting .257 this season.
- Estrada is 68th in batting average, 95th in on-base percentage and 94th in slugging in MLB.
- Joc Pederson has 86 hits this season and has a slash line of .265/.347/.522.
- Mike Yastrzemski has 12 home runs, 45 RBI and a batting average of .210 this season.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs have hit 139 homers this season, which ranks 16th in the league.
- The Cubs rank 17th in MLB with a .241 team batting average.
- The Cubs have an on-base percentage of .313 this season, which ranks 17th in the league.
- The Cubs rank 25th with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- In 70 games at home this season, they’ve hit 67 homers, an average of 1 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .395 in home games this season with 187 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.2 base hits per game and batting .250 as a team at home this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner has 20 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 26 walks while batting .288.
- Hoerner is 21st in batting average, 59th in on-base percentage and 71st in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters in the majors.
- Hoerner heads into this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .412 with a double, two triples, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Ian Happ paces his team with a .452 slugging percentage.
- Happ is 40th in batting average, 40th in on-base percentage and 44th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Seiya Suzuki has 22 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 37 walks while batting .263.
- Christopher Morel has 16 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 29 walks while batting .246.
Giants vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers