Table of Contents
Danny Jansen leads the Toronto Blue Jays (78-60) into a contest against the Texas Rangers (59-79) after his four-hit performance in an 11-7 win over the Rangers. The Blue Jays are favorites (-155) for this game against the underdog Rangers (+135), which begins at 2:35 PM ET on Sunday. Toronto’s Trevor Richards and Texas’ Martin Perez will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Blue Jays vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Sunday, September 11, 2022
- Game Time: 2:35 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays average 1.2 home runs per game to rank eighth in MLB action with 169 total home runs.
- The Blue Jays have the second-best batting average in the majors (.262).
- The Blue Jays’ .327 on-base percentage is fourth-best in the league.
- The Blue Jays strike out 7.6 times per game, the fifth-fewest average in baseball.
- The Blue Jays average 1.2 homers per road game this season (85 total away from home).
- The Blue Jays are slugging .426 with 3.3 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The team is batting .265 with 671 hits (9.5 per game) on the road this season.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has 150 hits, which leads Toronto hitters this season, while batting .276 with 57 extra-base hits.
- Among the qualified hitters in baseball, Guerrero’s batting average ranks 34th, his on-base percentage ranks 44th, and he is 21st in slugging.
- Guerrero has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .167 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Bo Bichette leads Toronto in slugging percentage (.474) thanks to 62 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifiers, Bichette ranks 31st in batting average, 79th in on-base percentage and 25th in slugging percentage.
- Bichette brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .522 with four doubles, a triple, five home runs, two walks and 11 RBI.
- George Springer has 113 hits this season and has a slash line of .264/.341/.456.
- Springer has recorded a hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .174 with two doubles and three walks.
- Alejandro Kirk has 122 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .381.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers rank ninth in Major League Baseball with 166 home runs.
- The Rangers rank 15th in MLB with a .242 team batting average.
- The Rangers have an OBP of .304 this season, which ranks 24th in MLB.
- The Rangers rank 23rd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.8 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 85 homers, an average of 1.3 per game, in 68 home contests this season.
- They are slugging .399 in 68 home games this season.
- They are averaging 8.0 base hits per game and batting .241 as a team at home this season.
Rangers Key Batters
- Corey Seager has 19 doubles, a triple, 29 home runs and 54 walks while batting .247.
- Including all the qualified players in the majors, Seager’s batting average puts him 84th, his on-base percentage is 82nd, and he is 40th in slugging.
- Seager hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .136 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
- Marcus Semien is batting .243 with 25 doubles, four triples, 21 home runs and 47 walks.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Semien’s batting average puts him 93rd, his on-base percentage is 114th, and he is 75th in slugging.
- Nate Lowe has 154 hits with a .358 on-base percentage and a .502 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Rangers.
- Adolis Garcia has 26 doubles, four triples, 23 home runs and 31 walks while hitting .249.
Blue Jays vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers