Table of Contents
Christian Vazquez will try to notch his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when his Houston Astros (90-50) square off against the Detroit Tigers (53-86) on Monday at 6:40 PM ET. The Astros are favored (-208) over the Tigers (+174). Framber Valdez starts for Houston, and Eduardo Rodriguez is Detroit’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Monday, September 12, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros rank fifth-best in baseball with 183 total home runs.
- The Astros rank 13th in the majors with a .244 batting average.
- The Astros’ .319 on-base percentage is eighth-best in baseball.
- Astros batters strike out 7.4 times per game, the second-fewest strikeouts in baseball.
- The Astros average 1.3 homers per road game this season (89 total away from home).
- The Astros have a .406 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- Away from home this season the team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .239.
Astros Key Batters
- Alex Bregman is batting .266 with 35 doubles, 21 home runs and 80 walks.
- Among all qualified batters in MLB, Bregman’s batting average ranks 54th, his on-base percentage ranks 10th, and he is 28th in slugging.
- Bregman hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .308 with a double, a home run, seven walks and four RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston with 117 hits and an OBP of .399 this season.
- Among qualifying batters, Alvarez’s batting average places him 18th, his on-base percentage sixth, and his slugging percentage third.
- Alvarez takes a three-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is batting .235 with two doubles, a home run, five walks and an RBI.
- Kyle Tucker has 121 hits this season and has a slash line of .259/.334/.476.
- Jose Altuve has an OPS of .890, fueled by an OBP of .375 and a team-best slugging percentage of .515 this season.
- Altuve brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with a home run, four walks and an RBI.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers rank last in Major League Baseball with just 88 home runs as a team.
- The Tigers’ .231 batting average ranks 25th in the league this season.
- The Tigers have an OBP of just .287 this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- The Tigers rank 21st in strikeouts per game (8.7) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 40 homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in 69 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .347 in home games this season with 150 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.7 base hits per game and batting .238 as a team at home this season.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has put up a team-high OBP (.273) and slugging percentage (.371), while leading the Tigers in hits (110).
- Including all qualified hitters in MLB, Baez ranks 120th in batting average, 134th in on-base percentage and 121st in slugging percentage.
- Harold Castro is batting .273 with 19 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 16 walks.
- Jeimer Candelario is hitting .205 with 15 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 26 walks.
- Willi Castro is hitting .240 with 17 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 14 walks.
Astros vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers