Table of Contents
The New England Patriots (0-1) and the Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) play at Acrisure Stadium on Sunday, September 18, 2022.
The Patriots are favored, but by less than a field goal (-1), versus the Steelers. The over/under for this matchup is 40.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for New England Patriots vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
- Game Day: Sunday, September 18, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Acrisure Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Patriots
- The Patriots covered 10 times in 17 chances against the spread last season.
- The Patriots had an ATS record of 7-5 when playing as at least 1-point favorites last season.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total nine times in Patriots games.
Stats & Insights for Patriots
- Last year, the Patriots put up 3.8 more points per game (27.2) than the Steelers gave up (23.4).
- The Patriots were 8-3 against the spread and 9-2 overall in games when they put up more than 23.4 points last season.
- The Steelers had a 7-6 record against the spread and a 9-3 record overall in games when they surrendered fewer than 27.2 points last year.
- The Patriots averaged 353.4 yards per game last year, only 7.7 fewer than the 361.1 the Steelers gave up per matchup.
- The Patriots were 4-3 against the spread and 4-3 overall when the team picked up more than 361.1 yards last season.
- In games the Steelers held their opponents to fewer than 353.4 yards last year, they had a 4-3 record ATS and a 5-1-1 record overall.
- Last season the Patriots racked up 126.5 rushing yards per game, 19.6 fewer than the Steelers allowed per contest (146.1).
- When the Patriots ran for more than 146.1 yards last season, they compiled a 5-1 ATS record and a 5-1 overall record.
- The Steelers were 5-2 against the spread and 5-2 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 126.5 rushing yards last season.
- The Patriots turned the ball over one more time (23 total) than the Steelers forced a turnover (22) last year.
Patriots’ Best Players
- Mac Jones: 3,801 PASS YDS / 223.6 YPG / 67.6% / 22 TD / 13 INT
- Damien Harris: 202 CAR / 929 YDS / 61.9 YPG / 15 TD / 18 REC / 132 YDS / 8.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Rhamondre Stevenson: 133 CAR / 606 YDS / 50.5 YPG / 5 TD / 14 REC / 123 YDS / 10.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Jakobi Meyers: 83 REC / 866 YDS / 50.9 YPG / 2 TD
- Kendrick Bourne: 55 REC / 800 YDS / 47.1 YPG / 5 TD
- Hunter Henry: 50 REC / 603 YDS / 35.5 YPG / 9 TD
- Matthew Judon: 60 TKL / 14 TFL / 12.5 SACK / 1 PD
- Ja’Whaun Bentley: 108 TKL / 5 TFL / 1 SACK / 2 PD
- Adrian Phillips: 87 TKL / 3 TFL / 4 INT / 9 PD
Betting Insights for Steelers
- Against the spread, the Steelers were 8-9-0 last season.
- The Steelers had an ATS record of 6-4 as underdogs of 1 point or greater last season.
- The Steelers had six of its 17 games hit the over last season.
Stats & Insights for Steelers
- The Steelers averaged 20.2 points per game last season, comparable to the 17.8 the Patriots surrendered.
- The Steelers were 6-3 against the spread and 7-2 overall last season when the team scored more than 17.8 points.
- Last year the Patriots had a 9-1 record against the spread and an 8-2 record overall in games when they held opponents to fewer than 20.2 points.
- The Steelers averaged only 4.6 more yards per game (315.4) than the Patriots gave up per outing (310.8) last year.
- The Steelers were 4-5 against the spread and 5-3 overall when the team piled up more than 310.8 yards last year.
- In games the Patriots limited their opponents to fewer than 315.4 yards last year, they had a 6-4 record ATS and a 6-4 record overall.
- Last season the Steelers rushed for 30.6 fewer yards per game (93.1) than the Patriots allowed per contest (123.7).
- Last year the Steelers had a 2-2 ATS record and a 2-1 overall record in games the team rushed for more than 123.7 yards.
- The Patriots were 4-2 against the spread and 5-1 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 93.1 rushing yards last year.
- The Steelers turned the ball over 20 times last year, 10 fewer times than the Patriots forced turnovers (30).
Best Players for Steelers
- Mason Rudolph: 277 PASS YDS / 138.5 YPG / 60.3% / 1 TD / 1 INT / 5 CAR / 53 RUSH YDS / 0 TD
- Najee Harris: 307 CAR / 1,200 YDS / 70.6 YPG / 7 TD / 74 REC / 467 YDS / 27.5 YPG / 3 TD
- Benny Snell Jr.: 36 CAR / 98 YDS / 5.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Diontae Johnson: 107 REC / 1,161 YDS / 72.6 YPG / 8 TD
- Chase Claypool: 59 REC / 860 YDS / 57.3 YPG / 2 TD
- Pat Freiermuth: 60 REC / 497 YDS / 31.1 YPG / 7 TD
- T.J. Watt: 64 TKL / 21 TFL / 22.5 SACK / 7 PD
- Minkah Fitzpatrick: 124 TKL / 1 TFL / 2 INT / 7 PD
- Ahkello Witherspoon: 15 TKL / 1 TFL / 3 INT / 9 PD