Table of Contents
Dylan Cease will try to secure his 15th victory of the season when the Chicago White Sox (73-69) host the Colorado Rockies (61-81) at Guaranteed Rate Field on Wednesday at 2:10 PM ET. The White Sox are favored in the matchup (-242) against the Rockies (+198). Cease starts for Chicago while Colorado will counter with Kyle Freeland.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBCS-CHI
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox rank 23rd in MLB action with 129 total home runs.
- The White Sox’s .262 batting average leads MLB.
- The White Sox rank 10th in the league with a .318 on-base percentage.
- White Sox batters strike out 7.7 times per game, the seventh-fewest strikeouts in the league.
- The White Sox have hit 68 home runs at home this season (one per game).
- The White Sox have a .388 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .256 with 611 hits (8.6 per game) at home this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Jose Abreu leads Chicago with 167 hits and an OBP of .386, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .457.
- Among qualifying batters in baseball, Abreu is sixth in batting average, seventh in on-base percentage, and 41st in slugging.
- Abreu has picked up at least one hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .389 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn is batting .287 with 27 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 27 walks.
- Vaughn’s batting average ranks 25th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 56th, and his slugging percentage 49th.
- Elvis Andrus has 113 hits this season and has a slash line of .252/.311/.405.
- Luis Robert has been key for Chicago with 107 hits, an OBP of .327 plus a slugging percentage of .439.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies’ 132 home runs rank 22nd in Major League Baseball.
- The Rockies rank fifth in MLB with a .258 team batting average.
- The Rockies are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking sixth with an OBP of .320.
- The Rockies have shown patience at the plate this season with the eighth-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.9) among MLB offenses.
- In 68 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 40 homers, an average of 0.6 per contest.
- They are slugging .337 in 68 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .230 with 7.8 base hits per contest.
Rockies Key Batters
- C.J. Cron has accumulated a team-high slugging percentage (.487) and paces the Rockies in hits (138).
- Including all qualifying hitters, Cron is 57th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 84th and he is 20th in slugging.
- Brendan Rodgers is batting .265 with 29 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 41 walks.
- Rodgers’ batting average ranks 53rd among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 84th, and he is 93rd in slugging.
- Charlie Blackmon has 20 doubles, four triples, 16 home runs and 29 walks while hitting .260.
- Ryan McMahon has 20 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 56 walks while batting .247.
White Sox vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers