Table of Contents
Myles Straw will try to collect his 100th hit of the season (he has 97) when the Cleveland Guardians (75-65) play the Los Angeles Angels (61-81) on Wednesday at 1:10 PM ET. The Guardians are favored (-131) over the Angels (+110). Cleveland’s Cal Quantrill and Los Angeles’ Patrick Sandoval will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Angels
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit the second-fewest home runs in MLB play this season (109).
- The Guardians have the 11th-ranked batting average in the majors (.251).
- The Guardians’ .313 on-base percentage ranks 17th in the league.
- The Guardians strike out 6.9 times per game, the fewest Ks in baseball.
- The Guardians average 0.6 homers per game when playing at home this season (38 total in home contests).
- The Guardians are averaging 2.3 extra-base hits per game while slugging .357 at home.
- The club is batting .246 with 523 hits (8.0 per game) at home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in total hits (145) this season while batting .280 with 71 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Ramirez’s batting average ranks 29th, his on-base percentage ranks 27th, and he is 10th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan leads Cleveland with an OBP of .370 this season while batting .293 with 56 walks and 72 runs scored.
- Kwan is 18th in batting average, 16th in on-base percentage and 112th in slugging in the majors.
- Kwan takes a three-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is batting .389 with a home run, five walks and two RBI.
- Amed Rosario has an OPS of .700, fueled by an OBP of .307 and a team-best slugging percentage of .393 this season.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .296 with a .366 OBP and 62 RBI for Cleveland this season.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels’ 169 home runs rank 10th in Major League Baseball.
- The Angels rank 27th in MLB with a team batting average of just .228.
- The Angels have an on-base percentage of .294 this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- The Angels rank last in strikeouts per game (9.6) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 77 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 71 road contests this season.
- In 71 road games this season, they’re slugging .362 with 179 hits going for extra bases.
- In 71 road games this season, they have a batting average of .218 while averaging 7.4 base hits per contest.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani has accumulated 135 hits with a .356 on-base percentage and a .534 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Angels.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the majors, Ohtani is 53rd in batting average, 26th in on-base percentage and eighth in slugging percentage.
- Mike Trout is hitting .277 with 20 doubles, two triples, 35 home runs and 46 walks.
- Taylor Ward has 15 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 56 walks while hitting .263.
- Luis Rengifo is hitting .269 with 21 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 15 walks.
Guardians vs. Angels Probable Pitchers