Table of Contents
Christian Vazquez will try to get his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when the Houston Astros (92-50) square off against the Detroit Tigers (53-88) on Wednesday at 1:10 PM ET. The Astros are favored (-270) over the Tigers (+220). Cristian Javier gets the starting nod for Houston, and Joey Wentz is Detroit’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros rank fifth-best in MLB play with 186 total home runs.
- The Astros have the 13th-ranked batting average in the majors (.246).
- The Astros rank sixth in the league with a .320 on-base percentage.
- Astros hitters strike out 7.4 times per game, the third-fewest strikeouts in baseball.
- The Astros average 1.3 homers per game when playing on the road this season (92 total in road contests).
- The Astros are averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game while slugging .408 away from home.
- The team is batting .242 with 613 hits (8.4 per game) on the road this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Alex Bregman is hitting .268 with 35 doubles, 21 home runs and 81 walks.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Bregman ranks 48th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 11th, and he is 29th in slugging.
- Bregman will look for his fifth straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with a double, a home run, five walks and six RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston with 121 hits and an OBP of .403 this season.
- Among all qualifying players, Alvarez ranks 15th in batting average, third in on-base percentage and third in slugging percentage.
- Alvarez has picked up a hit in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .438 with three doubles, two home runs, six walks and two RBI.
- Kyle Tucker has 123 hits this season and has a slash line of .257/.331/.477.
- Tucker brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .182 with a double, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Jose Altuve leads Houston with a slugging percentage of .514, fueled by 57 extra-base hits.
- Altuve takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .364 with .
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers have hit just 89 homers this season, which ranks last in the league.
- The Tigers’ .230 batting average ranks 25th in the league this season.
- The Tigers have an on-base percentage of .286 this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- The Tigers rank 21st in strikeouts per game (8.7) among MLB offenses.
- In 71 games at home this season, they’ve hit 41 homers, an average of 0.6 per contest.
- In 71 home games this season, they’re slugging .346 with 154 hits going for extra bases.
- In 71 home games this season, they have a batting average of .237 while averaging 7.7 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has racked up a team-best OBP (.273) and slugging percentage (.369), and leads the Tigers in hits (112).
- Including all qualifying hitters in MLB, Baez ranks 120th in batting average, 135th in on-base percentage and 122nd in slugging percentage.
- Baez hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a double, a triple and three RBI.
- Harold Castro is hitting .270 with 19 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 16 walks.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .203 with 15 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 26 walks.
- Willi Castro has 18 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 14 walks while batting .240.
Astros vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers