Table of Contents
The Atlanta Braves (88-54) and the San Francisco Giants (68-74) meet on Wednesday at 3:45 PM ET with the series tied 1-1. The Braves are favored (-118) to win the rubber match against the Giants (-101). Atlanta’s Charlie Morton gets the start against San Francisco’s Carlos Rodon.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Braves vs. Giants
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Game Time: 3:45 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Braves average 1.5 home runs per game to rank second in MLB play with 215 total home runs.
- The Braves are ninth in the majors with a .253 batting average.
- The Braves’ .318 on-base percentage is 10th-best in baseball.
- The Braves strike out 9.2 times per game, the third-worst average in the league.
- The Braves average 1.5 home runs per road game this season (106 total on the road).
- The Braves are averaging 3.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .442 away from home.
- On the road this season the team averages 8.9 hits per game and is batting .252.
Braves Key Batters
- Austin Riley has 153 hits, which is tops among Atlanta hitters this season, while batting .280 with 74 extra-base hits.
- Riley ranks 29th in batting average, 31st in on-base percentage, and fifth in slugging among all qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Matt Olson is hitting .240 with 41 doubles, 28 home runs and 68 walks.
- Olson is 102nd in batting average, 72nd in on-base percentage and 31st in slugging in the major leagues.
- Dansby Swanson has hit 20 homers with a team-high .448 SLG this season.
- Swanson has recorded at least one base hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .273 with two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Michael Harris II is batting .313 with a .353 OBP and 57 RBI for Atlanta this season.
- Harris II heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with two doubles, three home runs and six RBI.
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants rank 13th in Major League Baseball with 160 home runs.
- The Giants have a team batting average of .232 this season, which ranks 23rd among MLB teams.
- The Giants have an on-base percentage of .315 this season, which ranks 14th in the league.
- The Giants rank just 26th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.0 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 71 home contests this season.
- In 71 home games this season, they’re slugging .394 with 199 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .240 with 7.8 base hits per contest.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores is batting .233 with 26 doubles, a triple, 18 home runs and 50 walks.
- Including all qualified players in the big leagues, Flores ranks 118th in batting average, 91st in on-base percentage and 84th in slugging percentage.
- Thairo Estrada leads his team with 114 hits and a .322 on-base percentage, with a team-best .411 slugging percentage.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Estrada is 53rd in batting average, 81st in on-base percentage and 83rd in slugging percentage.
- Joc Pederson has 18 doubles, 22 home runs and 36 walks while hitting .268.
- Mike Yastrzemski is hitting .211 with 27 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 56 walks.
Braves vs. Giants Probable Pitchers