Table of Contents
Seiya Suzuki sits at 97 hits this season, and will try to collect his 100th when the Chicago Cubs (60-82) take on the New York Mets (89-54) on Wednesday at 7:10 PM ET. The Cubs are the underdog (+151) in this matchup with the Mets (-177). David Peterson starts for New York, and Drew Smyly is Chicago’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets average 1.0 home run per game to rank 16th in MLB play with 147 total home runs .
- The Mets rank fifth in MLB with a .258 batting average.
- The Mets’ .330 on-base percentage is second-best in the league.
- Mets batters strike out 7.5 times per game, the fourth-fewest strikeouts in the league.
- The Mets have hit 67 homers at home this season (0.9 per game).
- The Mets are slugging .394 with 2.6 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- At home this season the club averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .251.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso has 143 hits, which leads New York hitters this season, while batting .268 with 58 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualifying hitters in baseball, Alonso is 48th in batting average, 42nd in on-base percentage, and 13th in slugging.
- Alonso has picked up at least one hit in seven games in a row. During his last 10 games he is hitting .250 with a double, two home runs, three walks and four RBI.
- Francisco Lindor has 21 doubles, four triples, 23 home runs and 58 walks while batting .268.
- Among qualifying hitters, Lindor’s batting average ranks him 48th, his on-base percentage 41st, and his slugging percentage 55th.
- Brandon Nimmo has collected 137 base hits, an OBP of .355 and a slugging percentage of .422 this season.
- Jeff McNeil leads the Mets with an OPS of .823. He has a slash line of .323/.373/.450 this season.
- McNeil heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .421 with two walks and three RBI.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs’ 144 home runs rank 17th in Major League Baseball.
- The Cubs rank 17th in MLB with a .241 team batting average.
- The Cubs have an OBP of .312 this season, which ranks 18th in MLB.
- The Cubs rank 24th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.9 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 70 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .386 in 70 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .232 with 8.0 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has a .457 slugging percentage, which leads the Cubs.
- Happ ranks 40th in batting average, 39th in on-base percentage and 41st in slugging percentage among all qualified batters in the majors.
- Nico Hoerner is hitting .291 with 21 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 26 walks.
- Hoerner’s batting average ranks 20th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 53rd, and he is 75th in slugging.
- Suzuki is batting .263 with 22 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 37 walks.
- Patrick Wisdom is hitting .212 with 25 doubles, 22 home runs and 51 walks.
Mets vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers