Table of Contents
The Milwaukee Brewers (76-66) will attempt to sweep the St. Louis Cardinals (83-59) on Wednesday at Busch Stadium. The Brewers lead 1-0, and are favored (-126) against the underdog Cardinals (+106) in the matchup, which starts at 7:45 PM ET. Milwaukee has Corbin Burnes starting things off, while St. Louis counters with Adam Wainwright.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Brewers vs. Cardinals
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Game Time: 7:45 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
Brewers Stats & Trends
- The Brewers are third in MLB play with 197 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- The Brewers rank 21st in MLB with a .235 batting average.
- The Brewers’ .315 on-base percentage is 14th in baseball.
- The Brewers strike out 9.0 times per game, the fifth-worst mark in baseball.
- The Brewers average 1.3 homers per road game this season (102 total on the road).
- The Brewers are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .405 away from home.
- Away from home this season the team averages 8.0 hits per game and is batting .233.
Brewers Key Batters
- Rowdy Tellez is batting .226 with 23 doubles, 30 home runs and 55 walks.
- Among all qualified hitters in MLB, Tellez is 124th in batting average, 96th in on-base percentage, and 33rd in slugging.
- Christian Yelich leads the Brewers with an OPS of .750. He has a slash line of .259/.360/.390 this season.
- Yelich ranks 68th in batting average, 22nd in on-base percentage and 106th in slugging among qualifying batters.
- Willy Adames has 113 hits this season and has a slash line of .234/.296/.463.
- Adames enters this game with five games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is batting .389 with two doubles, two home runs, four walks and six RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen has 17 home runs, 65 RBI and a batting average of .244 this season.
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals rank sixth in Major League Baseball with 179 home runs.
- The Cardinals rank seventh in MLB with a .256 team batting average.
- The Cardinals are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking third with an OBP of .328.
- The Cardinals are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking fifth with an average of 7.6 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.3 home runs per game in their 72 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .430 in home games this season with 222 extra-base hits.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .255 with 8.3 base hits per contest.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt has racked up a team-high OBP (.410) and slugging percentage (.602), while leading the Cardinals in hits (162).
- Including all the qualifying players in the majors, Goldschmidt is third in batting average, second in on-base percentage and second in slugging percentage.
- Nolan Arenado is hitting .299 with 39 doubles, a triple, 28 home runs and 45 walks.
- Arenado ranks 13th in batting average, 20th in on-base percentage and sixth in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Tommy Edman is batting .270 with 29 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 40 walks.
- Brendan Donovan has 18 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 47 walks while batting .285.
Brewers vs. Cardinals Probable Pitchers