Table of Contents
Garrett Shrader and the Syracuse Orange (2-0) will host Charlie Jones and the Purdue Boilermakers (1-1) on Saturday at 12:00 PM ET, in a matchup between a pair of the biggest stars in college football on offense.
The Orange-Boilermakers game is a pick ’em and the over/under is 58.5 points. On the moneyline, the Orange are -110 and the Boilermakers are -112.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Syracuse vs. Purdue
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN2
- Location: Syracuse, New York
- Stadium: JMA Wireless Dome
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Syracuse Betting Insights
- Syracuse covered eight times in 12 chances against the spread last season.
- Syracuse covered the spread when playing as at least 0-point favorites in two of two chances last season.
- Last season, five Syracuse games hit the over.
Syracuse Stats & Insights
- Syracuse racked up just 2.5 more points per game (24.9) than Purdue allowed (22.4) last year.
- Syracuse was 6-0 against the spread and 4-2 overall in games when it scored more than 22.4 points last season.
- Purdue had a 6-2 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall in games when it allowed fewer than 24.9 points last season.
- Syracuse racked up per game (366.5) than Purdue gave up per matchup (366.5) last season.
- Syracuse was 5-0 against the spread and 3-2 overall when the team amassed more than 366.5 yards last season.
- In games Purdue held its opponents to fewer than 366.5 yards last season, it had a 5-4 record ATS and a 6-3 record overall.
- Last season Syracuse racked up 213.5 rushing yards per game, 55.7 more than Purdue allowed per outing (157.8).
- Last season Syracuse had an 8-1 ATS record and a 5-4 overall record in games the team rushed for over 157.8 yards.
- Last season, Purdue was 7-3 against the spread and 8-2 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 213.5 rushing yards.
- Syracuse turned the ball over 12 times last season, five fewer than Purdue forced turnovers (17).
Syracuse’s Best Players
- Last year Shrader recorded 1,445 passing yards (120.4 per game), a 52.6% completion percentage (123-for-234), nine touchdowns, and only four interceptions. He also added 781 rushing yards on 173 carries with 14 rushing TDs (averaging 65.1 yards per game).
- Last season Sean Tucker went to work rushing, for 1,496 yards on 246 attempts (124.7 yards per game) with 12 touchdowns. Tucker also collected 20 catches for 255 yards and two TDs.
- In the previous year, Courtney Jackson grabbed 37 passes (on 52 targets) for 389 yards (32.4 per game). He also found the end zone three times.
- Damien Alford grabbed 13 passes for 249 yards and two touchdowns, putting up 20.8 yards per game last year.
- Last season Cody Roscoe stacked up 8.5 sacks, 9.0 TFL and 43 tackles.
- Mikel Jones went to work last year, collecting 83 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and three sacks.
- Last season Darian Chestnut had a huge stat line of three interceptions, 36 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three passes defended.
Purdue Betting Insights
- Purdue won eight games against the spread last year, failing to cover five times.
- Purdue was 4-3 ATS last year when playing as at least 0-point underdogs.
- Purdue and its opponent combined to go over the point total five out of 13 times last season.
Purdue Stats & Insights
- Last season Purdue racked up just 2.8 more points per game (29.1) than Syracuse surrendered (26.3).
- Purdue was 6-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall last season when the team scored over 26.3 points.
- Last season Syracuse had a 5-1 record against the spread and a 4-2 record overall in games when it held opponents to less than 29.1 points.
- Purdue racked up 439.5 yards per game last year, 109.1 more yards than the 330.4 Syracuse allowed per matchup.
- Purdue was 7-3 against the spread and 7-3 overall when the team totaled over 330.4 yards last year.
- When Syracuse held its opponents to less than 439.5 yards last year, it had an 8-4 record ATS and a 5-7 record overall.
- Last year Purdue piled up 84.2 yards per game on the ground, 42.0 fewer than Syracuse allowed per contest (126.2).
- Last season Purdue had a 2-0 ATS record and a 2-0 overall record in games the team ran for more than 126.2 yards.
- When Syracuse kept its opponents to fewer than 84.2 rushing yards last season, it was 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- Purdue turned the ball over 11 more times (18 total) than Syracuse forced turnovers (7) last season.
Purdue’s Best Players
- Aidan O’Connell completed 71.6% of his passes to throw for 3,711 yards and 28 touchdowns last season.
- King Doerue averaged 41.0 rushing yards per game and accumulated two rushing touchdowns.
- Last season Zander Horvath rushed for 320 yards. He also scored three total touchdowns.
- David Bell averaged 98.9 receiving yards and grabbed six receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Milton Wright averaged 56.3 receiving yards on 6.3 targets per game in 2021, scoring seven touchdowns.
- Jackson Anthrop worked his way to five receiving touchdowns and 570 receiving yards (43.8 ypg) last season.
- Last year Kydran Jenkins put pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 5.0 sacks, and added 6.0 TFL and 32 tackles.
- Jaylan Alexander was a playmaker on defense last season with 98 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and one sack.
- Last year Cam Allen intercepted four passes to go along with 57 tackles and four passes defended.