Table of Contents
Seiya Suzuki is just two hits away from his 100th of the season as his Chicago Cubs (61-82) ready for a matchup against the Colorado Rockies (62-81) on Friday at 2:20 PM ET. The Cubs are favored (-135) over the Rockies (+115). Marcus Stroman takes the mound first for Chicago, and German Marquez is Colorado’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Friday, September 16, 2022
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs average 1.0 home run per game to rank 18th in MLB action with 144 total home runs .
- The Cubs are 17th in the majors with a .241 batting average.
- The Cubs rank 18th in the league with a .312 on-base percentage.
- The Cubs strike out 8.9 times per game, the No. 25 average in the league.
- The Cubs average 0.9 homers per game when playing at home this season (68 total in home contests).
- The Cubs are slugging .396 with 2.7 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The club is batting .251 with 596 hits (8.3 per game) at home this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has an OPS of .801, fueled by an OBP of .345 and a team-best slugging percentage of .456 this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters in MLB, Happ is 40th in batting average, 41st in on-base percentage, and 42nd in slugging.
- Nico Hoerner is hitting .291 with 21 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 26 walks.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Hoerner is 19th in batting average, 55th in on-base percentage and 72nd in slugging percentage.
- Hoerner has picked up at least one hit in six straight games. In his last 10 outings he is batting .314 with three doubles, two triples, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Suzuki has collected 98 base hits, an OBP of .336 and a slugging percentage of .433 this season.
- Suzuki takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .263 with a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom has 22 home runs, 59 RBI and a batting average of .210 this season.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies have hit 132 homers this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- The Rockies’ .258 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking fifth in MLB.
- The Rockies are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking seventh with an OBP of .319.
- The Rockies have shown patience at the plate this season with the eighth-best rate of strikeouts per game (8.0) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.6 home runs per game in their 69 road contests this season.
- In 69 road games this season, they’re slugging .336 with 162 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .229 with 7.8 base hits per contest.
Rockies Key Batters
- C.J. Cron has put up a team-high slugging percentage (.485) and paces the Rockies in hits (139).
- Including all qualified hitters, Cron ranks 59th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 84th and he is 20th in slugging.
- Brendan Rodgers is batting .263 with 29 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 42 walks.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Rodgers’ batting average places him 61st, his on-base percentage ranks 84th, and he is 91st in slugging.
- Charlie Blackmon has 20 doubles, four triples, 16 home runs and 29 walks while hitting .258.
- Ryan McMahon is batting .248 with 21 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 56 walks.
Cubs vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers