Michael A. Taylor will try to notch his 100th hit of the season (he has 98) when the Kansas City Royals (57-85) take on the Minnesota Twins (71-70) on Thursday at 7:40 PM ET. The Royals are underdogs (+147) versus the Twins (-173). Dylan Bundy starts for Minnesota, and Daniel Lynch is Kansas City’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Royals
- Game Day: Thursday, September 15, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 12th in baseball with 162 total home runs .
- The Twins have the 12th-ranked batting average in the majors (.249).
- The Twins rank seventh in baseball with an on-base percentage of .319.
- The Twins strike out 8.2 times per game, the No. 11 average in baseball.
- The Twins average 1.1 homers per home game this season (84 total at home).
- The Twins have a .413 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .254 at home this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez leads Minnesota in OBP (.380), slugging percentage (.433) and OPS (.813) this season.
- Arraez ranks fourth in batting average, ninth in on-base percentage, and 62nd in slugging among all qualified hitters in the majors.
- Arraez has picked up at least one hit in seven games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is batting .333 with five doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Carlos Correa leads Minnesota with 126 hits. He is batting .282 this season and has 41 extra-base hits.
- Correa is 28th in batting average, 23rd in on-base percentage and 37th in slugging in the major leagues.
- Correa enters this game looking to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five games he is hitting .500 with two doubles, two home runs and seven RBI.
- Gio Urshela has 115 hits this season and has a slash line of .271/.320/.425.
- Max Kepler is batting .227 with a .318 OBP and 43 RBI for Minnesota this season.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals rank 28th in Major League Baseball with just 120 home runs as a team.
- The Royals rank 14th in MLB with a .242 team batting average.
- The Royals have an on-base percentage of .306 this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- The Royals have shown patience at the plate this season with the 10th-best rate of strikeouts per game (8.0) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 68 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .361 in away games this season with 170 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .228 with 7.7 base hits per contest.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has accumulated 128 hits with a .442 slugging percentage, both team-high stats for the Royals.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Witt Jr. is 83rd in batting average, 125th in on-base percentage and 58th in slugging percentage.
- Witt Jr. enters this matchup on a six-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is batting .256 with five doubles, a home run, four walks and six RBI.
- MJ Melendez’s .318 on-base percentage leads his team.
- Melendez’s batting average ranks 127th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 92nd, and he is 108th in slugging.
- Salvador Perez is batting .242 with 18 doubles, a triple, 20 home runs and 15 walks.
- Nicky Lopez is hitting .239 with 12 doubles, four triples and 28 walks.
Twins vs. Royals Probable Pitchers