Table of Contents
Ranger Suarez looks for his 10th victory of the campaign when the Philadelphia Phillies (80-63) visit the Atlanta Braves (88-55). The Phillies are underdogs in the matchup (+155) against the Braves (-185), and first pitch is at 7:20 PM ET on Friday. Atlanta’s Max Fried gets the start against Philadelphia’s Suarez.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Braves vs. Phillies
- Game Day: Friday, September 16, 2022
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Braves are second-best in baseball with 215 total home runs.
- The Braves have the ninth-best batting average in the league (.253).
- The Braves rank 12th in baseball with a .317 on-base percentage.
- Braves batters strike out 9.2 times per game, the 28th-most in baseball.
- The Braves average 1.5 homers per home game this season (109 total at home).
- The Braves have a .449 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.3 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .255.
Braves Key Batters
- Austin Riley leads Atlanta in total hits (153) this season while batting .278 with 74 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualified hitters, Riley is 31st in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 33rd, and he is sixth in slugging.
- Matt Olson is batting .239 with 41 doubles, 28 home runs and 68 walks.
- Olson ranks 102nd in batting average, 73rd in on-base percentage and 37th in slugging in the major leagues.
- Dansby Swanson has hit 20 homers with a team-high .445 SLG this season.
- Michael Harris II has been key for Atlanta with 107 hits, an OBP of .350 plus a slugging percentage of .551.
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies’ 183 home runs rank sixth in Major League Baseball.
- The Phillies rank eighth in MLB with a .255 team batting average.
- The Phillies have the 12th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.317).
- The Phillies rank 13th in strikeouts per game (8.3) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 68 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .410 in 68 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .250 with 8.8 base hits per contest.
Phillies Key Batters
- Rhys Hoskins is batting .250 with 27 doubles, two triples, 28 home runs and 66 walks.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Hoskins is 80th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 52nd and he is 31st in slugging.
- Kyle Schwarber’s 110 hits lead his team.
- Schwarber’s batting average ranks 131st among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 98th, and he is 23rd in slugging.
- J.T. Realmuto a has .343 on-base percentage to pace the Phillies.
- Alec Bohm is slugging .406 to pace his team.
Braves vs. Phillies Probable Pitchers