Table of Contents
The Houston Astros (94-50) take a five-game win streak into a home matchup against the Oakland Athletics (52-92) on Friday at 8:10 PM ET. The Astros are favored (-374) over the Athletics (+292). Justin Verlander starts for Houston, and Adrian Martinez is Oakland’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Friday, September 16, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros rank fifth in MLB action with 188 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- The Astros have the 13th-ranked batting average in the league (.245).
- The Astros rank sixth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .320.
- The Astros strike out 7.4 times per game, the third-fewest average in the league.
- The Astros average 1.4 homers per home game this season (95 total at home).
- The Astros are slugging .435 with 3.1 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.0 hits per game and is batting .251 at home this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Alex Bregman has 35 doubles, 21 home runs and 82 walks while hitting .267.
- Among the qualifying hitters in baseball, Bregman’s batting average ranks 51st, his on-base percentage ranks 11th, and he is 32nd in slugging.
- Yordan Alvarez leads the Astros in OBP (.404) and total hits (123) this season.
- Alvarez is 14th in batting average, third in on-base percentage and third in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Alvarez has picked up at least one hit in six games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .324 with five doubles, two home runs, eight walks and five RBI.
- Kyle Tucker has 128 hits this season and has a slash line of .263/.336/.488.
- Tucker has logged a hit or more in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .409 with two doubles, three home runs, a walk and nine RBI.
- Jose Altuve leads Houston with a slugging percentage of .509, fueled by 57 extra-base hits.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics have hit just 123 homers this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .217 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- The Athletics are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking last with an OBP of .281.
- The Athletics rank 20th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.6 whiffs per contest.
- In 72 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 77 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They are slugging .374 in 72 road games this season.
- In 72 road games this season, they have a batting average of .228 while averaging 7.7 base hits per contest.
Athletics Key Batters
- Sean Murphy has accumulated an on-base percentage of .333 and a slugging percentage of .443. Both lead the Athletics.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Murphy is 72nd in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 63rd and he is 55th in slugging.
- Murphy takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with two doubles, a triple, three walks and an RBI.
- Tony Kemp is batting .233 with 22 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 41 walks.
- Kemp is currently 114th in batting average, 106th in on-base percentage and 132nd in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Seth Brown has 102 hits, a team-high for the Athletics.
- Ramon Laureano has 18 doubles, 13 home runs and 25 walks while batting .212.
Astros vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers