Table of Contents
The Boston Red Sox (69-74) host the Kansas City Royals (57-86) on Friday at 7:10 PM ET in a matchup between two teams on losing streaks. The favored Red Sox (-206) have fallen in two games in a row, while the underdog Royals (+172) have lost their last three. Michael Wacha starts for Boston while Kansas City will counter with Jonathan Heasley.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Red Sox vs. Royals
- Game Day: Friday, September 16, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox average 1.0 home run per game to rank 20th in MLB action with 136 total home runs .
- The Red Sox have the fourth-best batting average in the majors (.259).
- The Red Sox are sixth in the league with an on-base percentage of .320.
- The Red Sox’s 8.6 strikeouts per game rank 18th in baseball.
- The Red Sox have hit 77 home runs at home this season (1.1 per game).
- The Red Sox have a .439 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .268 with 652 hits (9.2 per game) at home this season.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers has 142 hits, which ranks first among Boston hitters this season, while batting .287 with 65 extra-base hits.
- Among the qualified batters in MLB, Devers’ batting average ranks 24th, his on-base percentage ranks 37th, and he is 10th in slugging.
- Xander Bogaerts leads the Red Sox with an OPS of .858. He has a slash line of .317/.384/.474 this season.
- Among all qualified batters, Bogaerts is fifth in batting average, eighth in on-base percentage and 26th in slugging percentage.
- Bogaerts brings a five-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .368 with two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Alex Verdugo has collected 151 base hits, an OBP of .332 and a slugging percentage of .404 this season.
- Tommy Pham has been key for Boston with 121 hits, an OBP of .320 plus a slugging percentage of .385.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals rank 27th in Major League Baseball with just 121 home runs as a team.
- The Royals rank 16th in MLB with a .241 team batting average.
- The Royals have the 23rd-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.305).
- The Royals are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking 10th with an average of 8.0 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 63 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 69 road contests this season.
- In 69 road games this season, they’re slugging .361 with 172 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .227 with 7.7 base hits per contest.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has accumulated a slugging percentage of .438 and has 128 hits, both team-best numbers for the Royals.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, Witt Jr.’s batting average ranks 85th, his on-base percentage is 126th, and he is 59th in slugging.
- Salvador Perez is hitting .245 with 18 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 15 walks.
- MJ Melendez a has .315 on-base percentage to lead the Royals.
- Michael A. Taylor is batting .267 with nine doubles, three triples, nine home runs and 34 walks.
Red Sox vs. Royals Probable Pitchers