Table of Contents
Owen Miller will try to get his 100th hit of the season (he has 97) when his Cleveland Guardians (76-66) square off against the Minnesota Twins (72-70) on Friday at 7:10 PM ET. The Guardians are favored (-144) over the Twins (+120). Cleveland’s Triston McKenzie and Minnesota’s Bailey Ober pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Twins
- Game Day: Friday, September 16, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians are second-worst in MLB action with 111 home runs.
- The Guardians have the 10th-best batting average in the majors (.252).
- The Guardians’ .313 on-base percentage is 17th in the league.
- The Guardians strike out 6.9 times per game, the fewest Ks in baseball.
- The Guardians have hit 40 home runs at home this season (0.6 per game).
- The Guardians are slugging .361 with 2.4 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.1 hits per game and is batting .248 at home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in total hits (147) this season while batting .279 with 72 extra-base hits.
- Among the qualified batters in the majors, Ramirez’s batting average ranks 30th, his on-base percentage ranks 28th, and he is ninth in slugging.
- Steven Kwan has 21 doubles, five triples, four home runs and 57 walks while hitting .288.
- Kwan’s batting average ranks 22nd among qualified players, his on-base percentage 17th, and his slugging percentage 112th.
- Amed Rosario leads Cleveland in slugging percentage (.394) powered by 41 extra-base hits.
- Rosario enters this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with three doubles and two RBI.
- Andres Gimenez has 129 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .369.
- Gimenez has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with a double, a home run, two walks and an RBI.
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins rank 12th in Major League Baseball with 164 home runs.
- The Twins’ .249 batting average ranks 12th in the league this season.
- The Twins have an on-base percentage of .319 this season, which ranks eighth in the league.
- The Twins rank 11th in strikeouts per game (8.3) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 67 road contests this season.
- In 67 road games this season, they’re slugging .401 with 198 hits going for extra bases.
- In 67 road games this season, they have a batting average of .244 while averaging 8.4 base hits per contest.
Twins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez has accumulated a team-best OBP (.380) and slugging percentage (.432).
- Including all qualified hitters, Arraez ranks fourth in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks ninth and he is 62nd in slugging.
- Carlos Correa’s 127 hits lead his team.
- Correa’s batting average ranks 28th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 21st, and he is 27th in slugging.
- Gio Urshela is hitting .273 with 23 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 33 walks.
- Max Kepler has 18 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 49 walks while batting .227.
Guardians vs. Twins Probable Pitchers