Table of Contents
Luke Voit sits at 99 hits this season, and will try to collect his 100th when the Washington Nationals (49-94) play the Miami Marlins (59-85) on Friday at 7:05 PM ET. The Nationals are the underdog (+117) in this contest against the Marlins (-137). Miami’s Jesus Luzardo and Washington’s Josiah Gray will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Marlins vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Friday, September 16, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins are 25th in MLB play with 126 home runs. They average 0.9 per game.
- The Marlins’ .228 batting average ranks 27th in the majors.
- The Marlins rank 27th in the league with an on-base percentage of .293.
- The Marlins strike out 8.8 times per game, the No. 24 mark in the league.
- The Marlins average 0.9 homers per game when playing away from home this season (66 total in road contests).
- The Marlins are slugging .355 with 2.5 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The team is batting .226 with 549 hits (7.6 per game) on the road this season.
Marlins Key Batters
- Miguel Rojas leads Miami in OBP (.282) and total hits (100) this season.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, Rojas’ batting average ranks 109th, his on-base percentage ranks 130th, and he is 133rd in slugging.
- Garrett Cooper leads Miami in slugging percentage (.408) thanks to 40 extra-base hits.
- Jon Berti is batting .247 with a .344 slugging percentage and 24 RBI this year.
- Joey Wendle is batting .260 with a .299 OBP and 31 RBI for Miami this season.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals have hit just 121 homers this season, which ranks 27th in the league.
- The Nationals have a team batting average of .251 this season, which ranks 11th among MLB teams.
- The Nationals have the 16th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.314).
- The Nationals are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking second with an average of 7.4 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 67 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 71 home contests this season.
- In 71 home games this season, they’re slugging .379 with 183 hits going for extra bases.
- In 71 home games this season, they have a batting average of .241 while averaging 8.0 base hits per contest.
Nationals Key Batters
- Cesar Hernandez has racked up a team-best .323 slugging percentage.
- Including all qualified hitters in MLB, Hernandez’s batting average places him 80th, his on-base percentage is 96th, and he is 134th in slugging.
- Hernandez heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with a double, a walk and four RBI.
- Lane Thomas paces his team with 109 hits.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Thomas’ batting average puts him 76th, his on-base percentage is 110th, and he is 74th in slugging.
- Nelson Cruz is batting .234 with 16 doubles, 10 home runs and 49 walks.
- Voit leads his team with a .320 OBP.
Marlins vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers