Table of Contents
Brendan Donovan will try to collect his 100th hit of the season (he has 97) when his St. Louis Cardinals (84-60) play the Cincinnati Reds (57-86) on Friday at 8:15 PM ET. The Cardinals are favored (-261) over the Reds (+213). St. Louis is expected to start Jack Flaherty, while Cincinnati has not named a starter.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cardinals vs. Reds
- Game Day: Friday, September 16, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals rank seventh-best in MLB action with 181 total home runs.
- The Cardinals have the seventh-best batting average in the league (.256).
- The Cardinals are third in baseball with an on-base percentage of .328.
- The Cardinals strike out 7.5 times per game to rank fifth in baseball.
- The Cardinals have hit 93 home runs at home this season (1.3 per game).
- The Cardinals are slugging .428 with 3.1 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- At home this season the team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .254.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt has 165 hits and an OBP of .413 to go with a slugging percentage of .603. All three of those stats rank first among St. Louis hitters this season.
- Goldschmidt is second in batting average, first in on-base percentage, and second in slugging among qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Goldschmidt has recorded a base hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with two doubles, three walks and an RBI.
- Nolan Arenado has 39 doubles, a triple, 29 home runs and 45 walks while batting .298.
- Among all qualified hitters, Arenado is 13th in batting average, 23rd in on-base percentage and fifth in slugging percentage.
- Arenado heads into this game looking to extend his five-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and six RBI.
- Tommy Edman has 141 hits this season and has a slash line of .267/.325/.410.
- Donovan has four home runs, 39 RBI and a batting average of .286 this season.
- Donovan enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .176 with a home run, a walk and an RBI.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds’ 144 home runs rank 18th in Major League Baseball.
- The Reds have a team batting average of .240 this season, which ranks 18th among MLB teams.
- The Reds have an on-base percentage of .308 this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- The Reds rank 22nd with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 60 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 71 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .356 in 71 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .229 with 7.7 base hits per contest.
Reds Key Batters
- Kyle Farmer has an on-base percentage of .325, a slugging percentage of .392, and has 121 hits, all club-highs for the Reds.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, Farmer’s batting average ranks 54th, his on-base percentage ranks 73rd, and he is 102nd in slugging.
- Farmer hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .313 with a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Jonathan India is batting .255 with 14 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 24 walks.
- Nick Senzel is hitting .229 with 12 doubles, five home runs and 28 walks.
- TJ Friedl has eight doubles, five triples, six home runs and 12 walks while batting .258.
Cardinals vs. Reds Probable Pitchers