Table of Contents
Tomas Nido takes a two-game home run streak into the New York Mets’ (90-55) matchup against the Pittsburgh Pirates (55-89). The Mets are moneyline favorites (-264) for this matchup with the Pirates (+215), which begins at 7:10 PM ET on Friday at Citi Field. New York’s Taijuan Walker and Pittsburgh’s Mitch Keller will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Friday, September 16, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets average 1.0 home run per game to rank 15th in baseball with 150 total home runs .
- The Mets have the fifth-best batting average in the majors (.258).
- The Mets rank second in the league with a .330 on-base percentage.
- The Mets strike out 7.5 times per game to rank fourth in baseball.
- The Mets average 1.0 home run per home game this season (70 total at home).
- The Mets are slugging .396 with 2.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .252 with 598 hits (8.2 per game) at home this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso has 146 hits, which ranks first among New York hitters this season, while batting .270 with 59 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters in baseball, Alonso’s batting average ranks 42nd, his on-base percentage ranks 37th, and he is 12th in slugging.
- Alonso has picked up at least one hit in nine straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .325 with a double, three home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .267 with 21 doubles, four triples, 24 home runs and 58 walks.
- Among qualifying batters, Lindor ranks 51st in batting average, 43rd in on-base percentage and 50th in slugging percentage.
- Lindor heads into this game looking to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .250 with two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo has 137 hits this season and has a slash line of .261/.355/.417.
- Jeff McNeil leads the Mets with an OPS of .824. He has a slash line of .322/.374/.450 this season.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates’ 145 home runs rank 17th in Major League Baseball.
- The Pirates rank 29th in MLB with a team batting average of just .222.
- The Pirates have an on-base percentage of .288 this season, which ranks 28th in the league.
- The Pirates rank 29th in strikeouts per game (9.3) among MLB offenses.
- In 73 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 77 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They are slugging .364 in 73 road games this season.
- In 73 road games this season, they have a batting average of .219 while averaging 7.3 base hits per contest.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has totaled 124 hits with a .338 on-base percentage and a .452 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Pirates.
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, Reynolds’ batting average is 67th, his on-base percentage is 54th, and he is 47th in slugging.
- Reynolds heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .381 with two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 22 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 44 walks while batting .248.
- Hayes ranks 83rd in batting average, 92nd in on-base percentage and 124th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Ben Gamel is batting .235 with 19 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 39 walks.
- Michael Chavis has 16 doubles, three triples, 14 home runs and 18 walks while batting .240.
Mets vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers