Table of Contents
The Detroit Tigers (54-89) host the Chicago White Sox (74-71) on Saturday at 6:10 PM ET. The Tigers are moneyline underdogs (+130) against the favored White Sox (-154). Johnny Cueto starts for Chicago, and Eduardo Rodriguez is Detroit’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox rank 21st in baseball with 134 total home runs.
- The White Sox’s .261 batting average leads MLB.
- The White Sox are 12th in baseball with a .317 on-base percentage.
- The White Sox strike out 7.8 times per game, the seventh-best average in the league.
- The White Sox average 0.9 homers per road game this season (66 total away from home).
- The White Sox are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .400 on the road.
- On the road this season the club averages 9.6 hits per game and is batting .267.
White Sox Key Batters
- Jose Abreu has 171 hits and an OBP of .385 to go with a slugging percentage of .458. All three of those stats lead Chicago hitters this season.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, Abreu is sixth in batting average, seventh in on-base percentage, and 42nd in slugging.
- Abreu hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .389 with three doubles, a home run, two walks and six RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn is hitting .287 with 28 doubles, a triple, 16 home runs and 28 walks.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Vaughn ranks 23rd in batting average, 54th in on-base percentage and 44th in slugging percentage.
- Elvis Andrus has 119 hits this season and has a slash line of .257/.315/.413.
- Andrus has picked up a hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .400 with a double, a home run, two walks and an RBI.
- Luis Robert is batting .291 with a .327 OBP and 56 RBI for Chicago this season.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers’ 91 home runs rank last in MLB this season.
- The Tigers rank 25th in MLB with a .229 team batting average.
- The Tigers have an on-base percentage of .285 this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- The Tigers rank 22nd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.8 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 43 homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in 73 home contests this season.
- They are slugging .345 in 73 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .235 with 7.6 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has accumulated a team-high OBP (.280) and slugging percentage (.386), while leading the Tigers in hits (117).
- Including all qualifying hitters, Baez is 102nd in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 132nd and he is 109th in slugging.
- Baez enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .368 with a double, a triple, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Harold Castro has 19 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 16 walks while hitting .267.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .202 with 15 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 26 walks.
- Jonathan Schoop is batting .203 with 21 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 16 walks.
White Sox vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers