Brendan Donovan has 98 hits this season, and will try to get his 100th when his St. Louis Cardinals (85-60) square off against the Cincinnati Reds (57-87) on Saturday at 1:15 PM ET. The Cardinals are favored (-231) over the Reds (+193). St. Louis’ Dakota Hudson and Cincinnati’s Mike Minor pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cardinals vs. Reds
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 1:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: BSMW
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals average 1.3 home runs per game to rank seventh in baseball with 182 total home runs.
- The Cardinals have the seventh-best batting average in the league (.256).
- The Cardinals are third in the league with an on-base percentage of .328.
- Cardinals batters strike out 7.6 times per game, the fifth-lowest average in the league.
- The Cardinals average 1.3 homers per game when playing at home this season (94 total in home contests).
- The Cardinals are slugging .429 with 3.1 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .254 with 620 hits (8.3 per game) at home this season.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt has 167 hits and an OBP of .413 to go with a slugging percentage of .606. All three of those stats lead St. Louis hitters this season.
- Goldschmidt ranks second in batting average, second in on-base percentage, and third in slugging among all qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Goldschmidt hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with three doubles, three walks and two RBI.
- Nolan Arenado is hitting .299 with 40 doubles, a triple, 29 home runs and 45 walks.
- Among qualified batters, Arenado is 13th in batting average, 21st in on-base percentage and fifth in slugging percentage.
- Arenado takes a six-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last 10 outings he is batting .256 with four doubles, a home run, two walks and nine RBI.
- Tommy Edman is batting .265 with a .407 slugging percentage and 55 RBI this year.
- Donovan is batting .287 with a .394 OBP and 39 RBI for St. Louis this season.
- Donovan heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .214 with three walks.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds’ 145 home runs rank 18th in Major League Baseball.
- The Reds have a team batting average of .240 this season, which ranks 19th among MLB teams.
- The Reds have an OBP of .308 this season, which ranks 21st in MLB.
- The Reds rank 22nd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.8 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 61 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 72 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .356 in away games this season with 175 extra-base hits.
- In 72 road games this season, they have a batting average of .229 while averaging 7.7 base hits per contest.
Reds Key Batters
- Kyle Farmer has accumulated a team-high OBP (.326) and slugging percentage (.397), and leads the Reds in hits (122).
- Farmer ranks 54th in batting average, 72nd in on-base percentage and 94th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the big leagues.
- Farmer heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .294 with two home runs and three RBI.
- Jonathan India is batting .251 with 14 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 24 walks.
- Nick Senzel is hitting .233 with 13 doubles, five home runs and 29 walks.
- TJ Friedl is hitting .259 with eight doubles, five triples, six home runs and 13 walks.
Cardinals vs. Reds Probable Pitchers