Table of Contents
The Seattle Mariners (80-64) will look to Julio Rodriguez, who is on a two-game home run streak, when they face the Los Angeles Angels (63-82). The Angels are the moneyline favorite (-133) in this outing against the Mariners (+112), which starts at 4:07 PM ET on Sunday at Angel Stadium. Los Angeles has Reid Detmers starting things off, and Seattle counters with Marco Gonzales.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Angels vs. Mariners
- Game Day: Sunday, September 18, 2022
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels are 11th in MLB action with 173 total home runs.
- The Angels rank 27th in MLB with a .228 batting average.
- The Angels rank 26th in baseball with a .294 on-base percentage.
- Angels hitters strike out 9.6 times per game, the most in the league.
- The Angels average 1.3 homers per game when playing at home this season (95 total in home contests).
- The Angels are slugging .409 with 2.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 7.9 hits per game and is batting .238.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani leads Los Angeles in OBP (.356), slugging percentage (.536) and total hits (138) this season.
- Among all qualified hitters, Ohtani is 50th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 28th, and he is seventh in slugging.
- Ohtani will look for his fourth straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is batting .250 with three doubles, three walks and an RBI.
- Mike Trout is hitting .278 with 20 doubles, two triples, 36 home runs and 46 walks.
- Trout takes a three-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Taylor Ward leads Los Angeles with an OBP of .356 this season while batting .270 with 56 walks and 62 runs scored.
- Ward heads into this game with three games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .375 with a double, three walks and two RBI.
- Luis Rengifo is batting .273 with a .305 OBP and 44 RBI for Los Angeles this season.
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners’ 177 home runs rank ninth in Major League Baseball.
- The Mariners’ .229 batting average ranks 25th in the league this season.
- The Mariners have an on-base percentage of .312 this season, which ranks 18th in the league.
- The Mariners rank 15th in strikeouts per game (8.5) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.3 home runs per game in their 73 road contests this season.
- In 73 road games this season, they’re slugging .399 with 211 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.2 base hits per game and batting .237 on the road this season.
Mariners Key Batters
- Rodriguez has accumulated 136 hits with a .341 on-base percentage and a .499 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Mariners.
- Rodriguez is 35th in batting average, 45th in on-base percentage and 16th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the majors.
- Rodriguez hopes to build on a seven-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last 10 games he is batting .447 with two doubles, five home runs, six walks and seven RBI.
- Ty France is hitting .274 with 23 doubles, 19 home runs and 31 walks.
- Including all qualified hitters, France ranks 38th in batting average, 50th in on-base percentage and 60th in slugging percentage.
- J.P. Crawford has 24 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 57 walks while batting .251.
- Adam Frazier is batting .238 with 19 doubles, four triples, three home runs and 44 walks.
Angels vs. Mariners Probable Pitchers