Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians (79-66) meet the Minnesota Twins (72-73) a game after Amed Rosario had a four-hit performance in a 7-6 win over the Twins. The Twins are favored (-110) in this matchup with the Guardians (-109), which starts at 1:40 PM ET on Sunday. Minnesota’s Joe Ryan and Cleveland’s Cody Morris will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Sunday, September 18, 2022
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 12th in baseball with 167 total home runs .
- The Twins’ .247 batting average ranks 12th in MLB.
- The Twins are 11th in the league with an on-base percentage of .316.
- The Twins strike out 8.3 times per game to rank 13th in baseball.
- The Twins have hit 81 homers away from home this season (1.2 per game).
- The Twins are slugging .395 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- On the road this season the team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .241.
Twins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez has an OPS of .802, fueled by an OBP of .375 to go with a slugging percentage of .427. All three of those stats are best among Minnesota hitters this season.
- Among qualified batters in baseball, Arraez ranks fourth in batting average, 11th in on-base percentage, and 67th in slugging.
- Carlos Correa leads Minnesota in total hits (129) this season while batting .279 with 42 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying hitters, Correa’s batting average places him 31st, his on-base percentage 23rd, and his slugging percentage 35th.
- Gio Urshela has 122 hits this season and has a slash line of .277/.325/.426.
- Urshela brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .389 with a double, two walks and three RBI.
- Jose Miranda has been key for Minnesota with 105 hits, an OBP of .330 plus a slugging percentage of .448.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit just 113 homers this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- The Guardians have a team batting average of .252 this season, which ranks 10th among MLB teams.
- The Guardians have an on-base percentage of .314 this season, which ranks 16th in the league.
- The Guardians have the fewest strikeouts in MLB, whiffing only 6.9 times per game on average.
- In 70 games at home this season, they’ve hit 42 homers, an average of 0.6 per contest.
- In 70 home games this season, they’re slugging .361 with 166 hits going for extra bases.
- In 70 home games this season, they have a batting average of .249 while averaging 8.3 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez is leading the Guardians with 150 hits.
- Including all qualified hitters in the big leagues, Ramirez’s batting average puts him 31st, his on-base percentage ranks 23rd, and he is eighth in slugging.
- Ramirez hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with a double, two home runs, four walks and three RBI.
- Steven Kwan is batting .289 with 22 doubles, five triples, four home runs and 58 walks.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Kwan is 21st in batting average, 17th in on-base percentage and 112th in slugging percentage.
- Rosario has a .403 slugging percentage, which paces the Guardians.
- Andres Gimenez leads his team with a .370 OBP.
Twins vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers