Table of Contents
Nick Gordon will try to get his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when the Minnesota Twins (73-73) take on the Kansas City Royals (58-88) on Tuesday at 8:10 PM ET. The Twins are favored (-141) over the Royals (+121). Minnesota’s Dylan Bundy and Kansas City’s Zack Greinke pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Royals
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 20, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 12th in MLB play with 168 total home runs .
- The Twins have the 12th-ranked batting average in the league (.248).
- The Twins are 11th in baseball with a .316 on-base percentage.
- The Twins strike out 8.3 times per game to rank 12th in baseball.
- The Twins average 1.2 home runs per game when playing away from home this season (83 total in road outings).
- The Twins have a .395 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- Away from home this season the team averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .242.
Twins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez leads Minnesota with an OBP of .376, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .426.
- Arraez is fourth in batting average, 11th in on-base percentage, and 68th in slugging among all qualified hitters in the majors.
- Arraez will look for his third straight game with a hit in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .235 with two RBI.
- Carlos Correa leads Minnesota with 134 hits. He is batting .285 this season and has 42 extra-base hits.
- Correa ranks 26th in batting average, 20th in on-base percentage and 34th in slugging in MLB.
- Correa takes a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with two walks.
- Gio Urshela is batting .272 with a .420 slugging percentage and 59 RBI this year.
- Jose Miranda is batting .270 with a .326 OBP and 64 RBI for Minnesota this season.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals have hit just 122 homers this season, which ranks 28th in the league.
- The Royals have a team batting average of .242 this season, which ranks 15th among MLB teams.
- The Royals have an OBP of .306 this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB.
- The Royals are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking ninth with an average of eight strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 58 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 75 home contests this season.
- They are slugging .389 in 75 home games this season.
- They are averaging 8.4 base hits per game and batting .254 as a team at home this season.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has racked up 132 hits with a .434 slugging percentage, both team-best numbers for the Royals.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, Witt Jr. ranks 82nd in batting average, 123rd in on-base percentage and 61st in slugging percentage.
- Witt Jr. hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .227 with a double and two RBI.
- Salvador Perez has 18 doubles, a triple, 22 home runs and 15 walks while batting .249.
- MJ Melendez has a team-high .317 on-base percentage.
- Michael A. Taylor is hitting .263 with nine doubles, three triples, nine home runs and 34 walks.
Twins vs. Royals Probable Pitchers