Table of Contents
The Chicago Bears (1-1) and the Houston Texans (0-1-1) play at Soldier Field on Sunday, September 25, 2022.
The Bears are favored, but by less than a field goal (-2.5), versus the Texans. The over/under for this game is 40.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Chicago Bears vs. Houston Texans
- Game Day: Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Soldier Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Bears
- The Bears is 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- None of the Bears’ two games with a set total this season have gone over the point total.
Stats & Insights for Bears
- While the Bears rank 22nd in total defense with 372.5 yards allowed per game, they’ve been slightly less successful on offense, ranking worst (216 yards per game).
- The Bears rank 27th in scoring offense (14.5 points per game) and 12th in scoring defense (18.5 points allowed per game) this year.
- While the Bears’ pass defense ranks seventh with 183 passing yards allowed per game, they’ve been less successful on offense, ranking worst (76.5 passing yards per game).
- The Bears own the eighth-ranked rushing offense this year (139.5 rushing yards per game), and they’ve been less effective on defense, ranking second-worst with 189.5 rushing yards allowed per game.
- From an offensive standpoint, the Bears rank 26th in the NFL with a 28.6% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, they rank 26th in third-down percentage allowed (50%).
- The Bears have been a bottom-five offense in terms of yards per play this year, ranking fourth-worst with 4.8 yards per play. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 16th in the NFL (5.8 yards per play allowed).
- The Bears own the ninth-ranked turnover margin in the NFL at +1, forcing three turnovers (eighth in NFL) while turning it over two times (12th in NFL).
Bears’ Best Players
- David Montgomery: 32 CAR / 148 YDS / 74 YPG / 0 TD / 5 REC / 38 YDS / 19 YPG / 0 TD
- Khalil Herbert: 13 CAR / 83 YDS / 41.5 YPG / 1 TD
- Equanimeous St. Brown: 3 REC / 57 YDS / 28.5 YPG / 1 TD
- Dante Pettis: 1 REC / 51 YDS / 25.5 YPG / 1 TD
- Trevis Gipson: 7 TKL / 2 TFL / 2 SACK / 1 PD
- Roquan Smith: 20 TKL / 0.5 SACK / 1 PD
- Eddie Jackson: 12 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 INT / 1 PD
Betting Insights for Texans
- The Texans is 2-0-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as at least 2.5-point underdogs this year, the Texans are 2-0 against the spread.
- The Texans’ two games with a set total this season have all gone under the over/under.
Stats & Insights for Texans
- The Texans have plenty of room to improve, as they rank fourth-worst in total yards per game (266.5) and second-worst in total yards allowed per game (433.5).
- In terms of points scored the Texans rank 27th in the NFL (14.5 points per game), and they are ninth on defense (18 points allowed per game).
- The Texans rank 25th in the NFL with 188 passing yards per game on offense, and they rank 27th with 270.5 passing yards surrendered per game on defense.
- The Texans rank 27th in rushing yards per game (78.5), but they’ve been less effective defensively, ranking fourth-worst in the NFL with 163 rushing yards allowed per contest.
- The Texans rank third-worst in third-down conversion percentage (25%), but they’ve been more productive on the other side of the ball, ranking eighth in the NFL with a 33.3% third-down rate allowed.
- The Texans’ offense has been struggling in terms of yards per play, ranking second-worst in the NFL at 4.5. They have been more productive on defense, allowing 5.8 yards per play (16th-ranked).
- The Texans have fared really well in terms of turnovers, as the team’s turnover margin of +2 ranks fifth-best in the NFL, with three forced turnovers (eighth in league) and one turnover committed (third in league).
Best Players for Texans
- Davis Mills: 417 PASS YDS / 208.5 YPG / 56% / 2 TD / 0 INT
- Dameon Pierce: 26 CAR / 102 YDS / 51 YPG / 0 TD / 2 REC / 14 YDS / 7 YPG / 0 TD
- Rex Burkhead: 14 CAR / 40 YDS / 20 YPG / 0 TD / 7 REC / 39 YDS / 19.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Brandin Cooks: 11 REC / 136 YDS / 68 YPG / 0 TD
- Nico Collins: 6 REC / 84 YDS / 42 YPG / 0 TD
- Chris Moore: 5 REC / 45 YDS / 22.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Jerry Hughes: 4 TKL / 1 TFL / 2 SACK / 1 INT / 1 PD
- Jonathan Owens: 25 TKL / 1 PD
- Hughes: 4 TKL / 1 TFL / 2 SACK / 1 INT / 1 PD