Table of Contents
The Kansas City Chiefs (2-0) and the Indianapolis Colts (0-1-1) square off at Lucas Oil Stadium on Sunday, September 25, 2022.
The Chiefs are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-6.5), against the Colts. The over/under for this game is 49.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Kansas City Chiefs vs. Indianapolis Colts
- Game Day: Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Stadium: Lucas Oil Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Chiefs
- The Chiefs is 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Chiefs are a perfect 1-0 against the spread when favored by 6.5 points or more this season.
- Out of the Chiefs’ two games with a set total, one has hit the over (50%).
Stats & Insights for Chiefs
- On the offensive side of the ball, the Chiefs have been a top-five unit, ranking fifth-best in the NFL by averaging 403.5 yards per game. They rank 19th on defense (341.5 yards allowed per game).
- The Chiefs own the 18th-ranked defense this year (22.5 points allowed per game), and they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking second-best with 35.5 points per game.
- The Chiefs have the 22nd-ranked defense this year in terms of passing yards (252.5 allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-best with 293 passing yards per game.
- The Chiefs are totaling 110.5 rushing yards per game on offense this season (17th in NFL), and they are allowing 89 rushing yards per game (11th) on the other side of the ball.
- The Chiefs are posting a 45% third-down percentage on offense, which ranks them 10th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank seventh, giving up a 28.6% third-down conversion rate.
- The Chiefs have the 11th-ranked defense this season in terms of yards per play (5.2 yards per play allowed), and they’ve been more effective on offense, ranking fourth-best with 6.8 yards per play.
- The Chiefs have forced one total turnover (22nd in NFL) this season and have turned it over one time (third in NFL) for a turnover margin of an even, 17th-ranked in the NFL.
Chiefs’ Best Players
- Patrick Mahomes II: 595 PASS YDS / 297.5 YPG / 73% / 7 TD / 0 INT
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire: 15 CAR / 116 YDS / 58 YPG / 0 TD / 7 REC / 76 YDS / 38 YPG / 2 TD
- Isaih Pacheco: 14 CAR / 68 YDS / 34 YPG / 1 TD
- Travis Kelce: 13 REC / 172 YDS / 86 YPG / 1 TD
- JuJu Smith-Schuster: 9 REC / 89 YDS / 44.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Chris Jones: 4 TKL / 2 TFL / 2 SACK / 2 PD
- Nick Bolton: 20 TKL / 1 TFL
- Jaylen Watson: 4 TKL / 1 INT / 2 PD
Betting Insights for Colts
- The Colts have not covered the spread in a game yet this year (0-2-0).
- The Colts’ two games with a set total this season have all gone under the over/under.
Stats & Insights for Colts
- The Colts are generating 367.5 total yards per contest on offense this season (14th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 315 total yards per game (11th-ranked).
- The Colts’ offense has been bottom-five this season, putting up 10 points per game, which ranks worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 17th with 22 points surrendered per contest.
- In terms of passing, the Colts rank 11th in the NFL (252 passing yards per game) and 17th on the other side of the ball (228.5 passing yards allowed per contest).
- From an offensive angle, the Colts are accumulating 115.5 rushing yards per contest (14th-ranked). They rank ninth in the NFL on the other side of the ball (86.5 rushing yards surrendered per game).
- In terms of third-down efficiency, the Colts rank 23rd in the NFL (32% third-down conversion percentage) and 16th defensively (36.7% third-down rate allowed).
- In terms of yards per play, the Colts’ defense has been leading the charge for the team, as they rank fifth-best in the NFL with 4.8 yards ceded per play. In terms of offense, they are generating 5.6 yards per play, which ranks 15th.
- The Colts have forced one turnover this season and have turned it over five times, leading to a -4 turnover margin that is second-worst in the NFL.
Best Players for Colts
- Matt Ryan: 547 PASS YDS / 273.5 YPG / 60% / 1 TD / 4 INT
- Jonathan Taylor: 40 CAR / 215 YDS / 107.5 YPG / 1 TD / 5 REC / 23 YDS / 11.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Ashton Dulin: 8 REC / 125 YDS / 62.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Michael Pittman Jr.: 9 REC / 121 YDS / 60.5 YPG / 1 TD
- Nyheim Hines: 10 REC / 87 YDS / 43.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Kwity Paye: 10 TKL / 3 TFL / 2 SACK
- Zaire Franklin: 18 TKL / 1 TFL
- Taylor: 0 TKL