Table of Contents
The San Francisco Giants (70-77) visit the Colorado Rockies (64-83) on Tuesday at 8:40 PM ET. The Giants are favored on the moneyline (-175) against the underdog Rockies (+145). Colorado is expected to start Kyle Freeland, while San Francisco has not named a starter.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 20, 2022
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 13th in baseball with 163 total home runs .
- The Giants are 23rd in the majors with a .231 batting average.
- The Giants are 17th in the league with a .313 on-base percentage.
- The Giants strike out 9.1 times per game, the fourth-worst average in baseball.
- The Giants average 1.2 homers per road game this season (87 total on the road).
- The Giants have a .385 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- On the road this season the club averages 7.7 hits per game and is batting .226.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores is hitting .235 with 27 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 50 walks.
- Among all qualified hitters in MLB, Flores is 112th in batting average, 89th in on-base percentage, and 81st in slugging.
- Flores hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .273 with a double, a home run and four RBI.
- Thairo Estrada leads San Francisco with 119 hits and an OBP of .326, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .416.
- Among all qualified, Estrada is 52nd in batting average, 71st in on-base percentage and 79th in slugging percentage.
- Estrada takes a three-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .313 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Joc Pederson has collected 90 base hits, an OBP of .338 and a slugging percentage of .503 this season.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .207 with a .303 OBP and 47 RBI for San Francisco this season.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies have hit 134 homers this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- The Rockies have a team batting average of .257 this season, which ranks sixth among MLB teams.
- The Rockies are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking eighth with an OBP of .318.
- The Rockies are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking eighth with an average of 8.0 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 75 home contests this season.
- In 75 home games this season, they’re slugging .463 with 255 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .285 with 9.8 base hits per contest.
Rockies Key Batters
- C.J. Cron has put up a team-best slugging percentage (.480) while pacing the Rockies in hits (143).
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, Cron’s batting average places him 56th, his on-base percentage ranks 77th, and he is 22nd in slugging.
- Charlie Blackmon is hitting .263 with 20 doubles, six triples, 16 home runs and 30 walks.
- Blackmon is 60th in batting average, 94th in on-base percentage and 72nd in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Brendan Rodgers is hitting .261 with 29 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 43 walks.
- Ryan McMahon is hitting .248 with 22 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 58 walks.
Giants vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers