Table of Contents
The Boston Red Sox (71-75) will attempt to sweep the Cincinnati Reds (58-89) on Wednesday at Great American Ball Park. The Red Sox lead 1-0, and are favored (-170) against the underdog Reds (+143) in the matchup, which starts at 6:40 PM ET. Boston has Connor Seabold starting things off, while Cincinnati counters with Chase Anderson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Red Sox vs. Reds
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 21, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox are 22nd in baseball with 136 total home runs.
- The Red Sox are fourth in MLB with a .259 batting average.
- The Red Sox are sixth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .321.
- The Red Sox strike out 8.5 times per game to rank 16th in baseball.
- The Red Sox average 0.8 homers per game when playing away from home this season (62 total in road outings).
- The Red Sox are averaging three extra-base hits per game while slugging .385 away from home.
- The team averages 8.7 hits per game and is batting .249 on the road this season.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers has 149 hits, which is best among Boston hitters this season, while batting .292 with 67 extra-base hits.
- Among the qualifying batters in MLB, Devers’ batting average ranks 16th, his on-base percentage ranks 31st, and he is ninth in slugging.
- Devers will look for his sixth straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .381 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and six RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts leads the Red Sox with an OPS of .855. He has a slash line of .315/.384/.471 this season.
- Among qualifying hitters, Bogaerts is sixth in batting average, seventh in on-base percentage and 28th in slugging percentage.
- Alex Verdugo has 152 hits this season and has a slash line of .280/.329/.398.
- J.D. Martinez has 12 home runs, 55 RBI and a batting average of .273 this season.
- Martinez takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds’ 146 home runs rank 19th in Major League Baseball.
- The Reds rank 20th in MLB with a .239 team batting average.
- The Reds have an on-base percentage of .307 this season, which ranks 21st in the league.
- The Reds rank 21st with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 73 home contests this season.
- In 73 home games this season, they’re slugging .409 with 205 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .251 with 8.3 base hits per contest.
Reds Key Batters
- Kyle Farmer has racked up an on-base percentage of .316, a slugging percentage of .384, and has 122 hits, all club-highs for the Reds.
- Including all the qualified players in the majors, Farmer is 70th in batting average, 89th in on-base percentage and 108th in slugging percentage.
- Jonathan India is hitting .249 with 14 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 28 walks.
- Nick Senzel is hitting .231 with 13 doubles, five home runs and 30 walks.
- TJ Friedl has nine doubles, five triples, seven home runs and 14 walks while hitting .259.
Red Sox vs. Reds Probable Pitchers