Table of Contents
The Houston Astros (98-51) will attempt to sweep the Tampa Bay Rays (82-66) on Wednesday at Tropicana Field. The Astros lead 2-0, and are favored (-127) against the underdog Rays (+107) in the matchup, which begins at 6:40 PM ET. Houston has Lance McCullers Jr. starting things off, while Tampa Bay will counter with Corey Kluber.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Rays
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 21, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros average 1.3 home runs per game to rank fifth in MLB play with 199 total home runs.
- The Astros’ .246 batting average ranks 13th in the majors.
- The Astros rank seventh in the league with an on-base percentage of .320.
- The Astros strike out 7.3 times per game to rank third in the league.
- The Astros average 1.3 home runs per game when playing on the road this season (95 total in road contests).
- The Astros are slugging .406 with 3.1 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- On the road this season the team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .240.
Astros Key Batters
- Yordan Alvarez has 131 hits and an OBP of .406, both of which lead Houston hitters this season.
- Among qualified batters in the majors, Alvarez’s batting average ranks ninth, his on-base percentage ranks third, and he is second in slugging.
- Alvarez hopes to build on a 10-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last 10 games he is hitting .459 with six doubles, six home runs, six walks and 12 RBI.
- Alex Bregman is hitting .267 with 38 doubles, 21 home runs and 82 walks.
- Among all qualifying players, Bregman ranks 48th in batting average, 13th in on-base percentage and 34th in slugging percentage.
- Kyle Tucker has collected 132 base hits, an OBP of .335 and a slugging percentage of .486 this season.
- Tucker has recorded at least one base hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Jose Altuve has an OPS of .890, fueled by an OBP of .379 and a team-best slugging percentage of .511 this season.
- Altuve brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .389 with a home run, three walks and an RBI.
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays rank 25th in Major League Baseball with 130 home runs.
- The Rays’ .242 batting average ranks 14th in the league this season.
- The Rays have an on-base percentage of .310 this season, which ranks 20th in the league.
- The Rays rank 19th in strikeouts per game (8.6) among MLB offenses.
- In 76 games at home this season, they’ve hit 68 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- They are slugging .386 in 76 home games this season.
- In 76 home games this season, they have a batting average of .240 while averaging 7.7 base hits per contest.
Rays Key Batters
- Yandy Diaz has racked up an on-base percentage of .399, a team-high for the Rays.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Diaz’s batting average places him 16th, his on-base percentage is sixth, and he is 76th in slugging.
- Randy Arozarena’s 142 hits and .447 slugging percentage both lead his team.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Arozarena ranks 55th in batting average, 64th in on-base percentage and 53rd in slugging percentage.
- Harold Ramirez is hitting .307 with 22 doubles, six home runs and 18 walks.
- Isaac Paredes has 15 doubles, 19 home runs and 37 walks while batting .219.
Astros vs. Rays Probable Pitchers