Table of Contents
Steven Kwan leads the Cleveland Guardians (81-67) into a matchup with the Chicago White Sox (76-72) after his four-hit showing in a 10-7 win over the White Sox. The White Sox are favored on the moneyline (-130) in this game against the underdog Guardians (+110), which begins at 8:10 PM ET on Wednesday. Chicago’s Lance Lynn and Cleveland’s Triston McKenzie pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 21, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 22nd in MLB action with 138 total home runs .
- The White Sox have the second-best batting average in the league (.261).
- The White Sox are 13th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .316.
- The White Sox strike out 7.8 times per game, the seventh-fewest average in the league.
- The White Sox average 0.9 homers per game when playing at home this season (69 total in home contests).
- The White Sox have a .386 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 8.6 hits per game and is batting .255 at home this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Jose Abreu leads Chicago in OBP (.383), slugging percentage (.451) and OPS (.834) this season.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, Abreu is seventh in batting average, eighth in on-base percentage, and 50th in slugging.
- Abreu hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .273 with two doubles, a walk and five RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn leads Chicago in total hits (135) this season while batting .286 with 46 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying hitters, Vaughn’s batting average places him 24th, his on-base percentage 55th, and his slugging percentage 41st.
- Elvis Andrus has collected 123 base hits, an OBP of .315 and a slugging percentage of .411 this season.
- Andrus brings a seven-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is batting .364 with three doubles, two home runs, four walks and seven RBI.
- A.J. Pollock is batting .246 with a .292 OBP and 54 RBI for Chicago this season.
- Pollock has hit safely in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .227 with two home runs and six RBI.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians’ 116 home runs rank 29th in MLB this season.
- The Guardians’ .252 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking 10th in MLB.
- The Guardians have an on-base percentage of .315 this season, which ranks 15th in the league.
- No team has fewer strikeouts this season than the Guardians, who have struck out only 6.8 times per game on average.
- They’ve hit 71 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 76 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .397 in away games this season with 225 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 9.0 base hits per game and batting .255 on the road this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has totaled 153 hits, a team-high for the Guardians.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, Ramirez’s batting average ranks 32nd, his on-base percentage ranks 27th, and he is 10th in slugging.
- Ramirez takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .238 with a home run, five walks and four RBI.
- Kwan has a .373 OBP to lead his team.
- Kwan is currently 16th in batting average, 13th in on-base percentage and 108th in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters.
- Amed Rosario has accumulated a slugging percentage of .405, a team-best for the Guardians.
- Andres Gimenez is hitting .297 with 25 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 31 walks.
White Sox vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers