The San Francisco Giants (71-77) visit the Colorado Rockies (64-84) on Wednesday at 8:40 PM ET. The Giants are favored (-137) against the underdog Rockies (+116). Logan Webb starts for San Francisco while Colorado will counter with German Marquez.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 21, 2022
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants rank 14th in baseball with 164 total home runs.
- The Giants have the 23rd-ranked batting average in the majors (.231).
- The Giants rank 17th in the league with a .313 on-base percentage.
- Giants hitters strike out 9.1 times per game, the 27th-most in the league.
- The Giants average 1.2 home runs per road game this season (88 total on the road).
- The Giants are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .386 on the road.
- On the road this season the club averages 7.7 hits per game and is batting .227.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores has 27 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 51 walks while batting .233.
- Among qualified hitters, Flores ranks 116th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 90th, and he is 84th in slugging.
- Thairo Estrada leads San Francisco with 121 hits and an OBP of .329, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .419.
- Estrada ranks 46th in batting average, 64th in on-base percentage and 75th in slugging in the majors.
- Estrada has picked up at least one hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .368 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Joc Pederson is batting .260 with a .503 slugging percentage and 64 RBI this year.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .208 with a .302 OBP and 48 RBI for San Francisco this season.
- Yastrzemski takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .176 with a home run and three RBI.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies have hit 135 homers this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- The Rockies’ .257 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking fifth in MLB.
- The Rockies are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking eighth with an OBP of .318.
- The Rockies rank eighth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.0 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 76 home contests this season.
- In 76 home games this season, they’re slugging .462 with 258 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 9.8 base hits per game and batting .285 as a team at home this season.
Rockies Key Batters
- C.J. Cron has accumulated 146 hits with a .489 slugging percentage, both team-best stats for the Rockies.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, Cron’s batting average puts him 49th, his on-base percentage is 76th, and he is 18th in slugging.
- Cron hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .350 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon has 20 doubles, six triples, 16 home runs and 30 walks while batting .263.
- Blackmon is 57th in batting average, 96th in on-base percentage and 74th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Brendan Rodgers has 29 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 43 walks while batting .261.
- Ryan McMahon is hitting .246 with 22 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 59 walks.
Giants vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers