Table of Contents
Brendan Donovan is just one hit away from his 100th of the season as his St. Louis Cardinals (87-62) ready for a matchup against the San Diego Padres (82-66) on Wednesday at 9:40 PM ET. The Cardinals are underdogs (+104) against the Padres (-124). Blake Snell starts for San Diego while St. Louis will counter with Miles Mikolas.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Padres vs. Cardinals
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 21, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres average 1.0 home run per game to rank 20th in MLB play with 141 total home runs .
- The Padres’ .241 batting average ranks 16th in MLB.
- The Padres’ .318 on-base percentage is eighth-best in the league.
- Padres batters strike out 8.1 times per game, the 10th-fewest strikeouts in baseball.
- The Padres average 1.0 home run per home game this season (69 total at home).
- The Padres are averaging 2.4 extra-base hits per game while slugging .368 in home contests.
- The club is batting .230 with 522 hits (7.5 per game) at home this season.
Padres Key Batters
- Manny Machado leads San Diego in slugging percentage (.530) and total hits (157) this season.
- Machado ranks 13th in batting average, 18th in on-base percentage, and eighth in slugging among qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Machado will look for his fifth straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Juan Soto leads San Diego in OBP (.404) this season, fueled by 115 hits.
- Among qualifying hitters, Soto ranks 95th in batting average, fourth in on-base percentage and 46th in slugging percentage.
- Soto takes a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and six RBI.
- Josh Bell is batting .274 with a .439 slugging percentage and 68 RBI this year.
- Brandon Drury has been key for San Diego with 123 hits, an OBP of .318 plus a slugging percentage of .504.
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals have hit 183 homers this season, which ranks seventh in the league.
- The Cardinals’ .254 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking seventh in MLB.
- The Cardinals are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking third with an OBP of .327.
- The Cardinals have shown patience at the plate this season with the fourth-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.5) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 88 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 71 road contests this season.
- In 71 road games this season, they’re slugging .424 with 233 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .256 with 9.1 base hits per contest.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt has racked up 169 hits with a .410 on-base percentage and a .598 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Cardinals.
- Goldschmidt is second in batting average, second in on-base percentage and third in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the big leagues.
- Nolan Arenado has 40 doubles, a triple, 29 home runs and 47 walks while batting .296.
- Arenado is currently 15th in batting average, 23rd in on-base percentage and sixth in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Tommy Edman has 29 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 41 walks while hitting .269.
- Donovan is hitting .280 with 18 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 53 walks.
Padres vs. Cardinals Probable Pitchers