Table of Contents
The Minnesota Vikings (1-1) face a fellow NFC North foe when they host the Detroit Lions (1-1) on Sunday, September 25, 2022 at U.S. Bank Stadium.
The Vikings are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-6), against the Lions. The over/under for this matchup is 53.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Minnesota Vikings vs. Detroit Lions
- Game Day: Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: U.S. Bank Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Vikings
- The Vikings have covered the spread once in two opportunities this season.
- The Vikings have not gone over point total in two games with a set over/under.
Stats & Insights for Vikings
- Despite having a bottom-five defense that ranks fourth-worst in the NFL (412 yards allowed per game), the Vikings have put up better results on offense, ranking 20th in the NFL by totaling 329.5 yards per game.
- The Vikings rank 25th in scoring offense (15 points per game) and sixth in scoring defense (15.5 points allowed per game) this season.
- The Vikings have the 13th-ranked passing offense this season (235.5 passing yards per game), and they’ve been worse defensively, ranking fourth-worst with 275 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Vikings rank 21st in run offense (94 rushing yards per game) and 24th in run defense (137 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
- The Vikings rank 23rd in third-down efficiency (32%) on offense and 22nd in third-down conversion rate allowed (45.5%) on defense this year.
- In addition to 6.7 yards per play allowed on defense, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL, the Vikings have posted the 12th-ranked yards-per-play average on offense (5.7).
- With three forced turnovers (10th in NFL) against three turnovers committed (17th in NFL), the Vikings (0) own the 16th-ranked turnover margin in the league.
Vikings’ Best Players
- Kirk Cousins: 498 PASS YDS / 249 YPG / 64.1% / 3 TD / 3 INT
- Dalvin Cook: 26 CAR / 107 YDS / 53.5 YPG / 0 TD / 7 REC / 37 YDS / 18.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Alexander Mattison: 10 CAR / 44 YDS / 22 YPG / 0 TD / 3 REC / 6 YDS / 3 YPG / 0 TD
- Justin Jefferson: 15 REC / 232 YDS / 116 YPG / 2 TD
- Adam Thielen: 7 REC / 88 YDS / 44 YPG / 0 TD
- Johnny Mundt: 5 REC / 45 YDS / 22.5 YPG / 0 TD
- D.J. Wonnum: 4 TKL / 2 TFL / 2 SACK
- Harrison Smith: 20 TKL / 1 INT / 1 PD
- Jordan Hicks: 17 TKL / 1 SACK / 1 INT / 1 PD
Betting Insights for Lions
- The Lions are 2-0-0 against the spread this season.
- The Lions are a perfect 1-0 against the spread when an underdog by 6 points or more this season.
- The Lions have gone over in two of two games with a set total (100%).
Stats & Insights for Lions
- While the Lions’ defense has been sputtering, ranking third-worst by giving up 425.5 total yards per game, their offense ranks fourth-best with 405.5 total yards per contest.
- On the defensive side of the ball, the Lions are bottom-five, allowing 32.5 points per game (second-worst). On the bright side, they are excelling on offense, accumulating 35.5 points per contest (second-best).
- The Lions rank 19th in the NFL with 219.5 passing yards per game on offense, and they rank 27th with 273.5 passing yards given up per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Lions’ run offense has been paving the way for the team, as they rank third-best in the NFL with 186 rushing yards per contest. In terms of defense, they are surrendering 152 rushing yards per game, which ranks 26th.
- The Lions rank ninth in third-down conversion rate (48.1%) on offense, but they’ve been less effective defensively, ranking third-worst in the NFL with a 53.1% third-down percentage allowed.
- From an offensive angle, the Lions are accumulating 6.6 yards per play (sixth-ranked). They rank 21st in the NFL on defense (6.1 yards surrendered per play).
- The Lions have recorded one forced turnover (23rd in NFL) and committed one turnover (first in NFL) this season for a 0 turnover margin that ranks 16th in the NFL.
Best Players for Lions
- Jared Goff: 471 PASS YDS / 235.5 YPG / 57.7% / 6 TD / 1 INT
- D’Andre Swift: 20 CAR / 200 YDS / 100 YPG / 1 TD / 5 REC / 62 YDS / 31 YPG / 1 TD
- Jamaal Williams: 23 CAR / 81 YDS / 40.5 YPG / 2 TD / 2 REC / 9 YDS / 4.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Amon-Ra St. Brown: 17 REC / 180 YDS / 90 YPG / 3 TD
- Josh Reynolds: 4 REC / 66 YDS / 33 YPG / 1 TD
- T.J. Hockenson: 7 REC / 64 YDS / 32 YPG / 0 TD
- Aidan Hutchinson: 7 TKL / 2 TFL / 3 SACK
- Tracy Walker: 16 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 SACK / 1 PD
- Will Harris: 9 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 INT / 1 PD