Table of Contents
The Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) play a familiar opponent when they visit the Washington Commanders (1-1) on Sunday, September 25, 2022 at FedExField in an NFC East showdown.
The Eagles are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-6.5), against the Commanders. The over/under for this matchup is 47 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Philadelphia Eagles vs. Washington Commanders
- Game Day: Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Landover, Maryland
- Stadium: FedExField
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Eagles
- The Eagles have covered the spread once in two opportunities this season.
- One of the Eagles’ two games with a set total has hit the over (50%).
Stats & Insights for Eagles
- On the offensive side of the ball, the Eagles have been a top-five unit, ranking best in the NFL by totaling 470.5 yards per game. They rank 14th on defense (325 yards allowed per game).
- Offensively, the Eagles have been a top-five unit, ranking fourth-best in the NFL by putting up 31 points per game. They rank 14th on defense (21 points allowed per game).
- The Eagles are putting up 281 passing yards per game on offense (seventh in the NFL), and they rank 12th on the other side of the ball with 203.5 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Eagles have the 20th-ranked defense this season in terms of rushing yards (121.5 rushing yards allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective on offense, ranking second-best with 189.5 rushing yards per game.
- On the offensive side of the ball, the Eagles have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking second-best in the NFL by putting up a 56.7% third-down conversion rate. They rank 26th on defense (50% third-down conversion rate allowed).
- Offensively, the Eagles have been a top-five unit in terms of yards per play, ranking third-best in the NFL by averaging 6.8 yards per play. They rank 13th on defense (5.4 yards per play allowed).
- The Eagles have forced four total turnovers (sixth in NFL) this season and have turned it over one time (first in NFL) for a turnover margin of +3, the fourth-best in the NFL.
Eagles’ Best Players
- Jalen Hurts: 576 PASS YDS / 288 YPG / 69.8% / 1 TD / 1 INT / 28 CAR / 147 RUSH YDS / 3 TD
- Miles Sanders: 30 CAR / 176 YDS / 88 YPG / 1 TD / 5 REC / 15 YDS / 7.5 YPG / 0 TD
- A.J. Brown: 15 REC / 224 YDS / 112 YPG / 0 TD
- Dallas Goedert: 8 REC / 142 YDS / 71 YPG / 0 TD
- Devonta Smith: 7 REC / 80 YDS / 40 YPG / 0 TD
- Fletcher Cox: 5 TKL / 1.5 SACK
- T.J. Edwards: 17 TKL / 1 TFL / 2 PD
- Darius Slay: 7 TKL / 2 INT / 5 PD
Betting Insights for Commanders
- The Commanders is 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- In theCommanders’ two games with a set total, two have hit the over (100%).
Stats & Insights for Commanders
- The Commanders are putting up 393 total yards per game on offense this season (sixth-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 404 total yards per game (25th-ranked).
- The Commanders are generating 27.5 points per contest on offense this season (eighth-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 29 points per contest (27th-ranked) on defense.
- The Commanders’ pass defense ranks 20th in the NFL with 247 passing yards allowed per contest, but they’ve been led by their offense, which ranks second-best by compiling 306.5 passing yards per contest.
- The Commanders have been struggling to stop the run, ranking fifth-worst with 157 rushing yards allowed per game. They have been better on offense, regstering 86.5 rushing yards per contest (24th-ranked).
- The Commanders have been a top-five unit on third down on both sides of the ball this season, as they rank third-best in third-down conversion percentage (56%) and fourth-best in third-down rate surrendered (28%).
- The Commanders’ defense has been a bottom-five unit this season in terms of yards per play, ceding 6.9, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. On offense, they rank 11th at 5.8 yards per play.
- After forcing one turnover (23rd in NFL) and turning the ball over four times (22nd in NFL) this season, the Commanders have the 26th-ranked turnover margin of -3.
Best Players for Commanders
- Carson Wentz: 650 PASS YDS / 325 YPG / 65.5% / 7 TD / 3 INT / 8 CAR / 35 RUSH YDS / 0 TD
- Antonio Gibson: 28 CAR / 86 YDS / 43 YPG / 1 TD / 9 REC / 85 YDS / 42.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Curtis Samuel: 5 CAR / 38 YDS / 19 YPG / 0 TD / 15 REC / 133 YDS / 66.5 YPG / 2 TD
- Terry McLaurin: 6 REC / 133 YDS / 66.5 YPG / 1 TD
- Jahan Dotson: 7 REC / 99 YDS / 49.5 YPG / 3 TD
- Da’Ron Payne: 7 TKL / 2 TFL / 2 SACK / 2 PD
- Cole Holcomb: 15 TKL
- Darrick Forrest: 15 TKL / 1 INT / 2 PD