Table of Contents
Kolten Wong will try to collect his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when the Milwaukee Brewers (78-70) take on the New York Mets (95-55) on Wednesday at 2:10 PM ET. The Brewers are underdogs (+110) versus the Mets (-130). New York has Taijuan Walker starting things off, and Milwaukee will send out Adrian Houser.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Brewers
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 21, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets average 1.0 home run per game to rank 15th in MLB play with 155 total home runs .
- The Mets rank fifth in the majors with a .257 batting average.
- The Mets rank second in the league with a .331 on-base percentage.
- The Mets strike out 7.5 times per game, the fifth-best mark in the league.
- The Mets average 1.1 home runs per game when playing away from home this season (83 total in road contests).
- The Mets have a .425 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.3 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club averages 9.2 hits per game and is batting .262 away from home this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso has 149 hits, which is tops among New York hitters this season, while batting .267 with 62 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying hitters in baseball, Alonso’s batting average ranks 49th, his on-base percentage ranks 37th, and he is 12th in slugging.
- Alonso will look for his third straight game with a hit in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .167 with a double, two home runs, three walks and nine RBI.
- Francisco Lindor leads New York in slugging percentage (.453) thanks to 51 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying hitters, Lindor’s batting average places him 41st, his on-base percentage 39th, and his slugging percentage 48th.
- Lindor heads into this game looking to extend his seven-game hit streak. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .310 with a triple, three home runs, three walks and eight RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo has 143 hits this season and has a slash line of .263/.359/.417.
- Jeff McNeil leads New York with an OBP of .375 this season while batting .317 with 37 walks and 64 runs scored.
Brewers Stats & Trends
- The Brewers rank third in Major League Baseball with 203 home runs.
- The Brewers’ .235 batting average ranks 21st in the league this season.
- The Brewers have an OBP of .316 this season, which ranks 13th in MLB.
- The Brewers are one of the least disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking 26th with an average of 9.0 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.4 home runs per game in their 71 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .418 in home games this season with 215 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.7 base hits per game and batting .236 as a team at home this season.
Brewers Key Batters
- Willy Adames leads the Brewers with 123 hits.
- Adames ranks 93rd in batting average, 109th in on-base percentage and 24th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the majors.
- Rowdy Tellez has 23 doubles, 32 home runs and 56 walks while batting .222.
- Including all qualifying players, Tellez’s batting average puts him 123rd, his on-base percentage ranks 107th, and he is 36th in slugging.
- Christian Yelich has a .361 on-base percentage and a .393 slugging percentage, both team-best numbers for the Brewers.
- Andrew McCutchen is hitting .242 with 23 doubles, 17 home runs and 48 walks.
Mets vs. Brewers Probable Pitchers