Table of Contents
Yandy Diaz and the Tampa Bay Rays will take on Lance McCullers Jr. and the Houston Astros on Wednesday at 6:40 PM.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Diaz Props for Rays vs Astros
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 21, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
Diaz in 2022
- Diaz has racked up a team-best batting average of .292.
- Diaz’s home runs rank 190th in MLB and he ranks 111th in RBI in MLB.
- In 84 of 131 games this season (64.1%) Diaz has recorded a hit, and 42 of those contests (32.1%) he posted at least two hits.
- Diaz has hit a home run in 6.9% of his games in 2022 (nine of 131), 1.6% of his trips to the plate.
Last Five Games
|Blue Jays||September 15||1-for-5||1||1||3||2||0||0|
|Blue Jays||September 14||1-for-3||0||0||0||0||1||0|
Astros Pitching in 2022
- The Astros are sending Lance McCullers Jr. (3-1) to the mound for his seventh start of the season. He is 3-1 with a 2.34 ERA and 37 strikeouts through 34 2/3 innings pitched.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 2.34, with 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings, in six games this season. Opposing hitters have a .202 batting average against him.
- The Astros pitching staff is fourth in the league with a collective 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings.
- Astros pitchers combine to give up the first-fewest home runs in baseball (122 total, 0.8 per game).