Table of Contents
Brendan Donovan sits at 99 hits this season, and will try to collect his 100th when the St. Louis Cardinals (87-63) meet the San Diego Padres (83-66) on Thursday at 4:10 PM ET. The Cardinals are the underdog (+122) in this contest against the Padres (-143). San Diego has Joe Musgrove starting things off, while St. Louis will send out Jack Flaherty.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Padres vs. Cardinals
- Game Day: Thursday, September 22, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres are 20th in MLB action with 141 total home runs.
- The Padres are 18th in MLB with a .240 batting average.
- The Padres are eighth in the league with an on-base percentage of .318.
- Padres hitters strike out 8.1 times per game, the 10th-lowest average in the league.
- The Padres average one home run per home game this season (69 total at home).
- The Padres are averaging 2.4 extra-base hits per game while slugging .366 in home contests.
- The team averages 7.4 hits per game and is batting .230 at home this season.
Padres Key Batters
- Juan Soto has 116 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .405.
- Soto is 100th in batting average, third in on-base percentage, and 47th in slugging among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Soto has hit safely in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .444 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and six RBI.
- Manny Machado leads San Diego with 157 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .527.
- Machado is 15th in batting average, 19th in on-base percentage and ninth in slugging in the majors.
- Josh Bell has collected 143 base hits, an OBP of .361 and a slugging percentage of .435 this season.
- Brandon Drury has been key for San Diego with 123 hits, an OBP of .318 plus a slugging percentage of .503.
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals’ 183 home runs rank seventh in Major League Baseball.
- The Cardinals have a team batting average of .253 this season, which ranks ninth among MLB teams.
- The Cardinals are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking fourth with an OBP of .325.
- The Cardinals are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking fourth with an average of 7.6 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 72 road contests this season.
- In 72 road games this season, they’re slugging .420 with 233 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging nine base hits per game and batting .254 on the road this season.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt has accumulated 169 hits with a .408 on-base percentage and a .595 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Cardinals.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Goldschmidt’s batting average places him second, his on-base percentage ranks second, and he is third in slugging.
- Nolan Arenado has 40 doubles, a triple, 29 home runs and 48 walks while batting .294.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Arenado ranks 16th in batting average, 24th in on-base percentage and sixth in slugging percentage.
- Tommy Edman has 29 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 41 walks while hitting .267.
- Donovan has 18 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 53 walks while batting .280.
Padres vs. Cardinals Probable Pitchers