Table of Contents
Two of the best pitchers in MLB face off when Julio Urias (2.27 ERA) takes the mound for the host Los Angeles Dodgers (103-46) against Zac Gallen (2.52 ERA) and the Arizona Diamondbacks (70-80) at 10:10 PM ET on Thursday. The Dodgers are favored (-221) against the Diamondbacks (+182). Los Angeles sends Urias (17-7) to the mound for his 29th start this season, while Gallen (12-3) also makes his 29th start of the year for Arizona.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Thursday, September 22, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers are fourth-best in MLB play with 202 total home runs.
- The Dodgers rank third in MLB with a .259 batting average.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers lead the league with a .336 on-base percentage.
- The Dodgers strike out 8.4 times per game, the No. 14 mark in baseball.
- The Dodgers have hit 97 home runs at home this season (1.4 per game).
- The Dodgers have a .465 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.7 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .265 with 622 hits (8.8 per game) at home this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freddie Freeman has an OPS of .918, fueled by an OBP of .402 to go with a slugging percentage of .516. All three of those stats are best among Los Angeles hitters this season.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, Freeman’s batting average ranks first, his on-base percentage ranks fifth, and he is 11th in slugging.
- Freeman hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .294 with five walks and an RBI.
- Mookie Betts leads Los Angeles with 143 hits. He is batting .270 this season and has 73 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying hitters, Betts ranks 42nd in batting average, 44th in on-base percentage and fourth in slugging percentage.
- Trea Turner has 183 hits this season and has a slash line of .303/.348/.479.
- Turner has picked up a hit in 18 straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .279 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Will Smith has been key for Los Angeles with 120 hits, an OBP of .350 plus a slugging percentage of .462.
- Smith enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .313 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks’ 165 home runs rank 13th in Major League Baseball.
- The Diamondbacks have a team batting average of .230 this season, which ranks 24th among MLB teams.
- The Diamondbacks have the 23rd-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.305).
- The Diamondbacks rank 11th in strikeouts per game (8.2) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.3 home runs per game in their 72 road contests this season.
- In 72 road games this season, they’re slugging .400 with 218 hits going for extra bases.
- In 72 road games this season, they have a batting average of .227 while averaging 7.7 base hits per contest.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Christian Walker has accumulated a team-best slugging percentage (.479) and paces the Diamondbacks in hits (127).
- Walker ranks 107th in batting average, 71st in on-base percentage and 24th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Daulton Varsho has 22 doubles, three triples, 26 home runs and 44 walks while batting .243.
- Varsho’s batting average is 95th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 102nd, and he is 39th in slugging.
- Ketel Marte has 40 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 53 walks while hitting .243.
- Josh Rojas paces his team with a .343 OBP.
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers