Table of Contents
Oddsmakers give the Pittsburgh Pirates (55-94) the edge, -120 on the moneyline, to halt their six-game losing streak when they face the Chicago Cubs (64-85), at +100, on Thursday at 6:35 PM ET. Pittsburgh has Mitch Keller starting, and Chicago counters with Hayden Wesneski.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Pirates vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Thursday, September 22, 2022
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates average 1.0 home run per game to rank 17th in baseball with 150 total home runs .
- The Pirates’ .221 batting average ranks 29th in MLB.
- The Pirates’ .287 on-base percentage is the third-worst in baseball.
- Pirates hitters strike out 9.4 times per game, the 29th-most in baseball.
- The Pirates have hit 68 home runs at home this season (1.0 per game).
- The Pirates have a .366 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 7.3 hits per game and is batting .225 at home this season.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh with 129 hits and an OBP of .336, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .450.
- Among qualified hitters in baseball, Reynolds is 68th in batting average, 53rd in on-base percentage, and 50th in slugging.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is hitting .243 with 23 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 46 walks.
- Hayes ranks 95th in batting average, 100th in on-base percentage and 126th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Ben Gamel has collected 81 base hits, an OBP of .321 and a slugging percentage of .367 this season.
- Michael Chavis has 14 home runs, 49 RBI and a batting average of .234 this season.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs rank 18th in Major League Baseball with 149 home runs.
- The Cubs have a team batting average of .239 this season, which ranks 19th among MLB teams.
- The Cubs have the 18th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.311).
- The Cubs rank 25th in strikeouts per game (8.9) among MLB offenses.
- In 74 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 79 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .382 in away games this season with 217 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .230 with 7.9 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has racked up a slugging percentage of .449, a team-best for the Cubs.
- Happ is 39th in batting average, 43rd in on-base percentage and 52nd in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Nico Hoerner is batting .291 with 21 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 26 walks.
- Including all qualified players, Hoerner’s batting average puts him 21st, his on-base percentage ranks 49th, and he is 70th in slugging.
- Patrick Wisdom is batting .209 with 25 doubles, 23 home runs and 51 walks.
- Christopher Morel is hitting .235 with 16 doubles, four triples, 14 home runs and 35 walks.
Pirates vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers