Nicky Lopez is just two hits away from his 100th of the season as his Kansas City Royals (60-88) ready for a matchup against the Minnesota Twins (73-76) on Thursday at 2:10 PM ET. The Royals are underdogs (+113) against the Twins (-133). Josh Winder starts for Minnesota while Kansas City will counter with Jonathan Heasley.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Royals
- Game Day: Thursday, September 22, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins rank 12th in MLB action with 169 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- The Twins are 12th in the majors with a .248 batting average.
- The Twins are 11th in the league with an on-base percentage of .317.
- The Twins’ 8.3 strikeouts per game rank 12th in the league.
- The Twins average 1.1 homers per game when playing on the road this season (83 total in road outings).
- The Twins are slugging .394 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- Away from home this season the team averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .243.
Twins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez leads Minnesota with an OBP of .372, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .421.
- Arraez is sixth in batting average, 13th in on-base percentage, and 70th in slugging among qualified hitters in baseball.
- Carlos Correa leads Minnesota in total hits (138) this season while batting .289 with 43 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters, Correa’s batting average ranks him 23rd, his on-base percentage 18th, and his slugging percentage 32nd.
- Correa has picked up a hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .429 with a double, three walks and two RBI.
- Gio Urshela has 124 hits this season and has a slash line of .273/.323/.420.
- Urshela heads into this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a double, two walks and three RBI.
- Jose Miranda is batting .268 with a .323 OBP and 64 RBI for Minnesota this season.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals rank 28th in Major League Baseball with just 125 home runs as a team.
- The Royals rank 14th in MLB with a .243 team batting average.
- The Royals have the 22nd-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.306).
- The Royals are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking eighth with an average of eight strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 61 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 77 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .393 in home games this season with 206 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.4 base hits per game and batting .256 as a team at home this season.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has put up a team-best slugging percentage (.437) while leading the Royals in hits (136).
- Including all qualifying hitters in MLB, Witt Jr.’s batting average places him 73rd, his on-base percentage is 122nd, and he is 60th in slugging.
- Witt Jr. takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .364 with a double and four RBI.
- MJ Melendez has a .318 OBP to pace his team.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Melendez ranks 124th in batting average, 89th in on-base percentage and 87th in slugging percentage.
- Salvador Perez is batting .254 with 20 doubles, a triple, 22 home runs and 15 walks.
- Hunter Dozier is hitting .232 with 24 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 33 walks.
Twins vs. Royals Probable Pitchers