Table of Contents
The Texas Rangers (64-84) host the Los Angeles Angels (65-84) at 2:05 PM ET on Thursday at Globe Life Field. The Rangers are favored (-144) to break the 1-1 tie and take the series over the Angels (+123). Martin Perez starts for Texas while Los Angeles will counter with Michael Lorenzen.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rangers vs. Angels
- Game Day: Thursday, September 22, 2022
- Game Time: 2:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers average 1.2 home runs per game to rank eighth in MLB play with 182 total home runs.
- The Rangers rank 15th in the majors with a .242 batting average.
- The Rangers’ .304 on-base percentage ranks 24th in the league.
- The Rangers’ 8.9 strikeouts per game rank 23rd in the league.
- The Rangers average 1.3 homers per game when playing at home this season (94 total in home contests).
- The Rangers have a .408 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.1 hits per game and is batting .243 at home this season.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien has 30 doubles, five triples, 23 home runs and 49 walks while batting .252.
- Among all qualified batters in MLB, Semien’s batting average ranks 73rd, his on-base percentage ranks 108th, and he is 64th in slugging.
- Corey Seager is batting .244 with 22 doubles, a triple, 31 home runs and 57 walks.
- Seager is 93rd in batting average, 85th in on-base percentage and 42nd in slugging in the major leagues.
- Seager heads into this game looking to extend his three-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Adolis Garcia is batting .252 with a .458 slugging percentage and 94 RBI this year.
- Nate Lowe has 167 hits and an OBP of .363 to go with a slugging percentage of .503. All three of those stats are tops among Texas hitters this season.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels have hit 178 homers this season, which ranks 11th in the league.
- The Angels have a team batting average of just .229 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- The Angels have an on-base percentage of .294 this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- The Angels rank last in strikeouts per game (9.7) among MLB offenses.
- In 74 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 80 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They are slugging .364 in 74 road games this season.
- In 74 road games this season, they have a batting average of .220 while averaging 7.4 base hits per contest.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani has a team-high OBP (.358) and slugging percentage (.534), while pacing the Angels in hits (144).
- Ohtani ranks 42nd in batting average, 24th in on-base percentage and seventh in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters in the majors.
- Ohtani hopes to build on a seven-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .343 with five doubles, a home run, five walks and three RBI.
- Mike Trout is batting .273 with 20 doubles, two triples, 36 home runs and 47 walks.
- Taylor Ward is hitting .273 with 17 doubles, two triples, 19 home runs and 57 walks.
- Luis Rengifo is batting .274 with 22 doubles, four triples, 15 home runs and 15 walks.
Rangers vs. Angels Probable Pitchers