Table of Contents
The Pittsburgh Pirates (55-95) will attempt to break a seven-game losing streak when they host the Chicago Cubs (65-85) on Friday at 6:35 PM ET. The Pirates (-109) are not projected to end the streak against the Cubs (-110). Javier Assad starts for Chicago while Pittsburgh will counter with Bryse Wilson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Friday, September 23, 2022
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs are 18th in baseball with 149 home runs. They average 1.0 per game.
- The Cubs’ .239 batting average ranks 19th in MLB.
- The Cubs are 20th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .310.
- The Cubs’ 8.9 strikeouts per game rank 25th in the league.
- The Cubs have hit 79 home runs away from home this season (1.1 per game).
- The Cubs have a .381 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The team averages 7.8 hits per game and is batting .230 on the road this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in OBP (.341), slugging percentage (.446) and total hits (143) this season.
- Among all qualified hitters in MLB, Happ ranks 46th in batting average, 44th in on-base percentage, and 52nd in slugging.
- Nico Hoerner is batting .291 with 21 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 26 walks.
- Among qualifying batters, Hoerner ranks 20th in batting average, 49th in on-base percentage and 70th in slugging percentage.
- Hoerner has picked up at least one hit in six games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is batting .314 with three doubles, two triples, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom has collected 90 base hits, an OBP of .301 and a slugging percentage of .427 this season.
- Christopher Morel has been key for Chicago with 83 hits, an OBP of .311 plus a slugging percentage of .427.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates have hit 151 homers this season, which ranks 17th in the league.
- The Pirates rank 29th in MLB with a team batting average of just .220.
- The Pirates have an OBP of just .287 this season, which ranks 28th in MLB.
- The Pirates are one of the least disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking 29th with an average of 9.4 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.0 home runs per game in their 72 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .366 in home games this season with 178 extra-base hits.
- In 72 home games this season, they have a batting average of .225 while averaging 7.3 base hits per contest.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has racked up a team-high OBP (.342) and slugging percentage (.457), while leading the Pirates in hits (132).
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, Reynolds is 57th in batting average, 41st in on-base percentage and 40th in slugging percentage.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 23 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 46 walks while batting .243.
- Hayes’ batting average is 95th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 93rd, and he is 126th in slugging.
- Ben Gamel has 19 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 44 walks while hitting .230.
- Michael Chavis is hitting .234 with 16 doubles, three triples, 14 home runs and 18 walks.
Cubs vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers