Table of Contents
The San Francisco Giants (73-77) ride a four-game winning streak into a road matchup against the Arizona Diamondbacks (70-81) on Friday at 9:40 PM ET. The Giants are favored (-136) over the Diamondbacks (+116). Arizona has not named a starting pitcher while San Francisco is projected to start Carlos Rodon.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Friday, September 23, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants rank 14th in MLB action with 165 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- The Giants are 23rd in the majors with a .232 batting average.
- The Giants’ .314 on-base percentage ranks 16th in the league.
- The Giants’ 9.1 strikeouts per game are the fourth-most in the league.
- The Giants have hit 89 homers away from home this season (1.2 per game).
- The Giants are slugging .388 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- Away from home this season the club averages 7.9 hits per game and is batting .230.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores has 27 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 52 walks while batting .237.
- Among qualified hitters, Flores is 109th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 83rd, and he is 81st in slugging.
- Thairo Estrada leads San Francisco in OBP (.325), slugging percentage (.414) and total hits (121) this season.
- Among qualifiers, Estrada ranks 50th in batting average, 71st in on-base percentage and 80th in slugging percentage.
- Joc Pederson has collected 95 base hits, an OBP of .343 and a slugging percentage of .504 this season.
- Pederson takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with three RBI.
- Mike Yastrzemski has 14 home runs, 49 RBI and a batting average of .210 this season.
- Yastrzemski heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .278 with a double, two home runs and four RBI.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks’ 166 home runs rank 13th in Major League Baseball.
- The Diamondbacks have a team batting average of .229 this season, which ranks 25th among MLB teams.
- The Diamondbacks have an OBP of .305 this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB.
- The Diamondbacks rank 11th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.2 whiffs per contest.
- In 78 games at home this season, they’ve hit 70 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .374 in home games this season with 206 extra-base hits.
- In 78 home games this season, they have a batting average of .232 while averaging 7.4 base hits per contest.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Christian Walker has 128 hits with a .483 slugging percentage, both team-best statistics for the Diamondbacks.
- Walker ranks 105th in batting average, 69th in on-base percentage and 23rd in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in MLB.
- Walker hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with two home runs and four RBI.
- Daulton Varsho has 22 doubles, three triples, 26 home runs and 44 walks while hitting .242.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Varsho is 96th in batting average, 105th in on-base percentage and 40th in slugging percentage.
- Ketel Marte has 40 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 54 walks while hitting .242.
- Josh Rojas paces his team with a .345 OBP.
Giants vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers