Table of Contents
Freddie Freeman leads the Los Angeles Dodgers (104-46) into a matchup against Paul Goldschmidt and the St. Louis Cardinals (88-63) on Friday at 10:10 PM ET at Dodger Stadium. Freeman is hitting .325, the best batting average in MLB, for the favored Dodgers (-167), and Goldschmidt is second in MLB play with a .321 batting average this season for the underdog Cardinals (+143). Andrew Heaney starts for Los Angeles, and Jose Quintana is St. Louis’ pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Cardinals
- Game Day: Friday, September 23, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers rank fourth-best in MLB action with 202 total home runs.
- The Dodgers’ .259 batting average is third-best in the majors.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers lead the league with a .335 on-base percentage.
- The Dodgers strike out 8.4 times per game to rank 14th in baseball.
- The Dodgers average 1.3 homers per game when playing at home this season (97 total in home contests).
- The Dodgers are slugging .463 with 3.7 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .264 with 628 hits (8.7 per game) at home this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freeman leads Los Angeles with an OBP of .402, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .513.
- Among all qualified hitters in the majors, Freeman ranks first in batting average, fourth in on-base percentage, and 11th in slugging.
- Mookie Betts has 144 hits, which ranks first among Los Angeles batters this season. He’s batting .272 with 73 extra-base hits.
- Betts is 36th in batting average, 41st in on-base percentage and fourth in slugging in the majors.
- Betts has picked up a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .143 with a home run and two RBI.
- Trea Turner is batting .301 with a .476 slugging percentage and 97 RBI this year.
- Will Smith has been key for Los Angeles with 122 hits, an OBP of .351 plus a slugging percentage of .467.
- Smith takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .412 with a double, a triple, a walk and an RBI.
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals rank seventh in Major League Baseball with 185 home runs.
- The Cardinals rank eighth in MLB with a .253 team batting average.
- The Cardinals are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking fourth with an OBP of .325.
- The Cardinals rank fifth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.5 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 73 road contests this season.
- In 73 road games this season, they’re slugging .420 with 236 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .254 with 9.0 base hits per contest.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Goldschmidt has accumulated an on-base percentage of .409, a slugging percentage of .594, and has 171 hits, all club-bests for the Cardinals.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Goldschmidt’s batting average puts him second, his on-base percentage ranks second, and he is third in slugging.
- Nolan Arenado has 41 doubles, a triple, 29 home runs and 48 walks while batting .296.
- Arenado ranks 15th in batting average, 23rd in on-base percentage and sixth in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Tommy Edman is batting .265 with 29 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 42 walks.
- Brendan Donovan is hitting .279 with 18 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 54 walks.
Dodgers vs. Cardinals Probable Pitchers